ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black & Orange Mk2 project

Update

So my drivers side drain pipe on the sunroof is leaking badly and I am 45 miles from the car, anyone got any ideas on a semi-permanent quick fix to last till december when I can fix it.

Tape a bin-bag over the sunroof? put something upright on the glass underneath it aswell so the water runs off & away, rather than settling etc

Tape a bin-bag over the sunroof? put something upright on the glass underneath it aswell so the water runs off & away, rather than settling etc

Was thinking along these lines I do have a car cover the only problem is the car will need to be started from time to time to keep it running so I was thinking maybe block the pipe with something but then figured more water may pour in once its blocked, Btw saw you got your spacers hub centrics or long bolts?

I'm 45 miles away from the car at uni, yeh I was back at the weekend checked the seals there all good so poured warm water down to see if it was blocked and it created an instant wet patch by the drivers sun visor.

Iirc only way to get to the pipes to pour water down is to remove the whole sun roof frame? You done that?

On mine you can see the entrance to the pipes if you just pop the glass out, sun roof may have changed as yours is a facelift Mk2

Might be able to on mine it's been a while since I fixed it. But this is what I did lol. Electrical tape as no damage to paint.

null_zps3a123761.jpg

Mine was both seal and pipe :(

I pushed a thin iron road down the pipe and pushed loads of s**t out and then re sealed with kitchen sealant. Has held up so far

Literally removed the whole sunroof frame so there was just a hole in my roof, put kitchen sealant around said whole and then reseated the frame. As I said also cleaned out one of my pipes. There's a guide in here that's good :)

Titanium 182
Oh right I must have not seen it, they don't do sportex exhausts for diesels I don't think do they? Having a hard time finding a decent one for mine.

Update

So just a small update really the reason I was back home last weekend was to do a few things to the car (before I found out the sunroof was leaking).

So I have fitted a Dixie horn :) it was cheap and some people may hate it but the looks you get are hilarious (it is on a
separate button so its not illegal)

DSC_0532_zps468f43eb.jpg

DSC_0533_zpsf71ec0c9.jpg

I have also ordered some CREE reversing light and side light bulbs to be fitted next time I am back and I will be re-sealing/fixing the sun-roof.

(sorry for the s**tty phone picture)

Update

So Just ordered some hub-centric 16mm spacers with long bolts, I also have sealant on the way to fix the sun roof, so as soon as I have a free weekend and the weather is good I will be going home to sort the sun-roof and put the car on its winter wheels, the spacers probable won't go on until the new year.

Just an afterthought (as it happened to mine) but you may wanna seal the tops or your door. Rain can run through the creases in the bag and fill up the little dishes ontop of the doorcards.

i speak from experience ;)

TT QS
Just noticed your in Stratford, don't spoze you or your car was up bromsgrove way the other day?

Last edited:
  TT QS
Nope doubt it was me, I'm living down in oxford so the car is barely driven at the minute mate :)

I saw a non sport fairly similar to yours (turinis etc) and it had a sticker but I have no idea who's it is lol.

Yours is gorgeous btw, top work getting it looking so good