ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Metallic Paint

Ph1 172
Right first post on here so go easy on me people,lol. I am just in the process of colour coding the plastic side strips on my car and am just about to put the first coat of lacquer on. Sorry if this is a stupid question but is it ok to rub down metallic paint or do you wait till the first coat of lacquer is on and dry before you rub down for second coat of lacquer?

Chocolate Bar™
i'd try to avoid it if possible. If its looking too rough put a dust coat of laquer on leave for a few days then sand it down to stop loosing any flake. Saying that i've slightly sanded metallic before but purely to remove overspray, wouldnt recommend it though.

Ph1 172
Cheers lads, think I will go the route of lacquering, flat then polish as it doesn't seem to rough.Any surgestions on polish I should use?