ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mg zr (total class!!)or clio 172

Not a Clio

keep the ZR youll lose too much money selling now. Sell it when its old and knackered and you have had good use of it.

133/225/CLS AMG

Quote: Originally posted by _simon_ on 26 April 2005

keep the ZR youll lose too much money selling now. Sell it when its old and knackered and you have had good use of it.
I would have to agree with this, youre not gonna sell it for any reasonable ammount at the moment. Best of driving it for a good few years and get the most out of it.

Ive been told by a mitsi dealer that they wont take rovers anymore and the one they have on the forcourt has dropped in value by 50% since the collapse :eek:

youll be lucky to get 7k for it..... the administrators have said that they will not be honoring the warranty on any cars sold to date and issuing none going forward...... its true you can pick up a new one with a 50% discount!!!

Rover r S**t anyway.... not class in anyway! oh and I used to have a brm was not all that!

Are they not actually sposed to be quite a good drive? How many of you slating them have actually driven/owned one? Sure, theyre based on old cars but they are rapid(ish) and are quite good from what Ive read.

I would imagine the 172 is a much better drivers car though, and will be faster all round, plus it will have better dealer support (almost impossible to imagine) than the Rover. If you can afford it, then sell the MG and get a 172 IMHO.

Yaris Hybrid

The current 182 is also based on an equally dated design.

I am sure those MGs are quite nice, I have sat in the MG version of the Rover 25 and it seemed quite nice.

Id definitely keep it, you will just get screwed over if you sell it now.

Whats all this ZR vs Rover 25 sh*t?

The ZR is a fatter 25 with sports bits and a bit of colour coding

The 182 is a fatter 1.2 with sports bits and a bit of colour coding

The Williams is a fatter 1.4rt with sports bits and a bit of colour coding

All Hot Hatches are a fatter sportier version of there little siblings.

[Edited by Smokey on 27 April 2005 at 1:04am]

tiTTy & SV650

too late to change, youve made the mistake of picking the zr over a 172, 172 cup, or 182 and now unless youre willing to throw money away youre stuck with it.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

Quote: Originally posted by Smokey on 27 April 2005

Whats all this ZR vs Rover 25 sh*t?

The ZR is a fatter 25 with sports bits and a bit of colour coding

The 182 is a fatter 1.2 with sports bits and a bit of colour coding

The Williams is a fatter 1.4rt with sports bits and a bit of colour coding

All Hot Hatches are a fatter sportier version of there little siblings.

[Edited by Smokey on 27 April 2005 at 1:04am]
I think what they mean is that the rover 200 was so piss poor,its hard to imagine something half decent comming out of it,just by adding some kit and stiffer springs

ian