ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

michelin exaltos??

pid

182, black gold
im curreently still searching high and low for a decent cup pack'd black gold 182 and have recently started to look at just how much it will cost me to run (serviceing etc) someone told me that tyres were around 110 each?? and with the tyres needing to be changed quite often this worried me! i believe that price is for top of the range michelin exaltos?? am i right? what other(cheaper!) tyres are there out there?? and are they any good?

and if you know where there are any decent low mileage cup'd black golds, let me know!!!

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
I just put tyres on my Sons 172. Searched the Web came up with a company called EVENT MOBILE TYRES 08702 407787.
They are nationwide, came to the house Saturday morning ON TIME. Nice bloke, did the job properly, no dodgy hammered on balance weights. Michelin Exaltos fitted balanced disposal everything £50 each plus VAT.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

MY10 R35 GTR
exaltos are superb wet and dry!!!!!! wouldn't use anything less!!!

mytyres.co.uk is the place to get them. £88 if your buyin only one but the more you buy the cheaper they are.

J

BrianR said:
I just put tyres on my Sons 172. Searched the Web came up with a company called EVENT MOBILE TYRES 08702 407787.
They are nationwide, came to the house Saturday morning ON TIME. Nice bloke, did the job properly, no dodgy hammered on balance weights. Michelin Exaltos fitted balanced disposal everything £50 each plus VAT.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Blimey that is cheap!!
Think I paid roughly £90 something per tyre including all of thee above...

Dirty E91
pid said:
im curreently still searching high and low for a decent cup pack'd black gold 182 and have recently started to look at just how much it will cost me to run (serviceing etc) someone told me that tyres were around 110 each?? and with the tyres needing to be changed quite often this worried me! i believe that price is for top of the range michelin exaltos?? am i right? what other(cheaper!) tyres are there out there?? and are they any good?

and if you know where there are any decent low mileage cup'd black golds, let me know!!!

There's 2 speed ratings for the PE2's, W and V.

The V's are cheaper then the W which is the higher speed rated tyre, not sure if this makes any difference between the tyres but most peeps on here are running the V's. As far as changing them frequently, I'm on 34K miles and still on the original rears and on my 3rd set of fronts (2nd set got a puncture), car spends 5 days a week going around roundabouts in MK and they still last a reasonable distance but depends on how you drive.

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
rwaterman said:
Blimey that is cheap!!
Think I paid roughly £90 something per tyre including all of thee above...

Thats what I thought, even wondered about 2nds, copies, Chinese retreads etc. but they are the real deal Michelin sticker tyres, no messing. £235 The set inc VAT. :approve:

MY10 R35 GTR
the tyre rating does make a difference!!! dont blank that bit!!!

If your intending on doin speeds up to 150mph on track or road. V rated tyres and what you want.

Over 150 and you want to use W rated tyres.

Trophy
BrianR said:
Thats what I thought, even wondered about 2nds, copies, Chinese retreads etc. but they are the real deal Michelin sticker tyres, no messing. £235 The set inc VAT. :approve:

What size?

Mat.

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
pid said:

Happy hunting....took me a while to find the 'right' one!

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Funnycar55 said:

If your intending on doin speeds up to 150mph on track or road. V rated tyres and what you want.

Absolutey correct. The ones supplied by Event, were W rated. I could have had the V rated ones they were £12 cheaper for the 4. But real world ? how many times have you had your Clio at 150 +

Check for yourself on http://www.eventmobiletyres.com :cool:

Had to replace 3 recently. The two fronts lasted nearly 14k which I thought was pretty good; maybe I'm not trying hard enough. ;)

The third one was because one of the rear tyres had been losing pressure for about a month and I asked the place fitting the new ones to check it out thinking leaking valve or it needing resealing. Anyway, they found a nail embedded in the side wall... They didn't have another V rated in stock so sourced a W rated from another local dealer so that I could be back on the road. The price difference is only about £3 which they ignored because they were already stinging me for £105 per wheel. Not the cheapest but it's a local outfit to me, they do a good job, and they've pulled out the stops several times for myself and my wife, so I'd like to see them still in business when we need them next time around.

Oh, and in case it's useful information to anyone, I can't see any visual difference between the V and W except for the letter on the sidewall.

197-I love!!!
Am I being thick but I just put the details for Exaltos in they're coming in at over £100 each at Event.

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Trevor said:
Am I being thick but I just put the details for Exaltos in they're coming in at over £100 each at Event.

Perhaps you are looking at a different size Trevor, these are the ones I ordered.

195/50 R15 [82V] Michelin - Pilot Exalto 2 £ 58.75 2 x £ 117.50 3 x £ 176.25 4 x £ 223.25 Book Online | Callback | Email Quo

BrianR said:
Perhaps you are looking at a different size Trevor, these are the ones I ordered.

195/50 R15 [82V] Michelin - Pilot Exalto 2 £ 58.75 2 x £ 117.50 3 x £ 176.25 4 x £ 223.25 Book Online | Callback | Email Quo

That may be where the confusion is coming from. The OP was talking about tyres on a cupped 182. That's what I have and I think the standard tyre size on it are 205/45 R16.

197-I love!!!
Yes you're right I put in the size I've got for the 182-205-45-16V.Thanks anyway Brian-worth keeping their address.

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
Funnycar55 said:

this may be true on more powerful cars but the clio will not go over 150mph, so why bother paying more money for somthing that is never going to be needed?

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah the 15s for the mk1 can be had pretty much anywhere for £50 fitted, balanced, old tyres disposed etc. That's what I pay anyway.

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Just paid £77 each fitted and balanced...205/45/16 83 V....was pretty pleased.

To the original poster...check mytyres.co.uk and costco...they should come in at under £100 each quite easily.

pid

182, black gold
all very useful replies, cheers!

so let me get this straight, v rated are the best(and cheaper) ones and W rated are the ones for 150 plus? or is it the other way round?!

though all this said and done, i should probably get myself a black gold cup's 182 before i start thinking about tyres!