ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Michelin PS3's or Hankook V12 Evo

The PE2's on my Trophy are nearing the end of their useful life.

I drive around 15k miles per annum with around 70 - 80% of that on A roads and dual carriageway at peak (slow) times of day, the rest of the time I like to have a bit of (safe) fun in the twisties but do not go in for any track days as yet.

I have recently had a lot of other general expenditure (tax, insurance, big service etc) totalling over £1k and am about to move home and will be incurring lots more big bills, so the kitty is getting low.

Can currently purchase a full set of the hankook's for £321 fitted as against £462 for the michelin ps3's. I have used the search button but would like further feedback from anyone that may have experience of both please.

Not looking for derogatory comments, if you can only afford budget tyres you shouldn't be driving bla bla. I've had 100's of different tyres sometimes I've liked low to mid end tyres (sometimes I haven't), others like the Eagle F1's i've always thought were fine but way overrated...baaaa!

Are the michelin's really 40% better than the hankook :S I look forward to any feedback :)

Thanks Scott P.

You say they are good and you would buy them again, are they good enough that you do actually intend to fit them when they need replacing or do you plan to try something else?

I have to say that my current PE2's are probably as good a tyre as i've ever had fitted to any car, but I have been happy with all manner of cheaper tyres on other cars in the past, so wondering whether or not it's worth spending the extra.

Anyone else with experience of the hankooks, particularly in comparison to michelin's or conti's which both seem to work well on the clio's?

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
i have the hankooks but cant compare although at first i didnt really like them i have got abit used to them and played with pressures and i have to say not a fault with them. i think it would take some very stupid driving to get them to loose grip on the road.

I put rainsport's all round on the last 172 and wasn't a huge fan, bit of torque steer and tramlined really badly, I swapped the brand new fronts over for pirelli p zero nero as soon as I could afford too and the problem went away. They were fine on the back though.

I'm not sure if they were rainsport or rainsport 2 though, it was around 2004 time? I am a little deterred from trying them again though they do seem to get lots of positive comments.