ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

michellin exaltos!!!,wow!

just bought 2 new front michellin exaltos for my mk1 172 off mytyres.co.uk,friend fitted them 4 free too!!,very good tyres,the grip out of tight corners is scary.Drop the clutch at 4000 rpm for a 0-60 blast and only the slightest hint of spin and bang your off down the road.havent had chance to try in the wet (unusual british weather!).look quite good too,rubber lip good as it saves the alloys from parking scratches too!

recommend.

Skoda Fabia vRS

yea, been in Pauls (coolspot007007) car when he had those on

there f**kin excellent tyres, i wouldnt choose any other if i had the money to spend

In a tyre test in Auto Express (main stream tyres) the Conti Premium Contact won for the second time in a row, as fitted on normal clios. The Exalto came about 4th i think.

MK1 172 came with Michelin Exalto/Pilot the MK2 172 are shod with Contisport Contact. In EVO the Contis came second to F1 Eagles. Contis best in the dry and had the best lap times and braking, F1 best in wet. The test also included toyo proxies, bridstones, dunlops, avons to name a few.

so after all maybe the standard fit Contis arent too bad ;) Funny how everybody on the forum has made a habit of saying theyre useless...

Hmm Interesting, Ive still got my contis and found them ok. But as others are saying Toyos F1s etc are soo much better I thought about getting different ones when they need changing. Hmm...

probs better to stick with a "known evil" rather than mix tyres or experiment. I can get my next set of contis at £59 each inc fitting/tracking/vat

Where from?

Mytyres.net do them for £63 i think..just about to order a set to let me know of places which do them cheaper please.

Cheers

-Rob