ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Microsoft Game Pass Ultimate

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Thought I'd start a thread to discuss Game Pass Ultimate (GPU) and the games available, with Microsoft owning so many software houses now it looks like this model might be the future of gaming.

Subscription

So a bit of an overview, for £10.99 a month you get:
  • Xbox Live Gold
  • Over 100 games on Xbox and PC
  • EA Play included from Nov 10th
  • MS titles on day one included
  • Free perks (e.g. Forza Horizon DLC this month)
  • Cloud gaming (Android only atm)
Of course you can buy subscriptions cheaper via pre paid scratch cards just like you can with Gold which often work our cheaper.

However, there is currently a little 'hack' to get GPU for a lot less, to do this you must not be currently subscribing to GPU (it is ok if you have had it previously but it must have lapsed):

1) Buy up to 3 years of Gold Subscription (recommend CDKeys for ~£40/year)
2) Add these to your account, if you have bought 3 years be careful not to accept any free bonus months during redemption as the maximum you can stack is 36 months
3) Go to this page: https://account.microsoft.com/services/ and selected the option to upgrade to 'Xbox Games Pass Ultimate' and it opens up a new page
4) Click the £10.99 button and it tells you that your gold will be converted to GPU (up to 36 months) BUT you will pay for the first month (£1 if new or £10.99 if you have had it before like me)
5) Now you should have Game Pass Ultimate in place of your Gold membership

I don't know how long this offer will be on for, it is likely MS will drop Gold soon so it might not be about for a lot longer!

Games

Current flagship games include Forza Horizon 4, DOOM Eternal, Gears 5, Forza 7, Destiny 2, Minecraft amongst many more.

However I've found some of the smaller, lesser known, games to be really worth the subscription.

My favourite games I've played recently are:

The Turing Test - A really cool puzzler, it's made by the devs who made Pneuma which was a game I loved. It has a very portal vibe too.

header.jpg

Touryst - Originally a switch game, this is imo quite an old school platformer, but it's a really cool little game with interesting puzzles and really infuriating mini games contained within it.

the-touryst-switch-hero.jpg

The Gardens Between - This is a strange little indie game where you control time and complete puzzles based around time, maybe not everyones cup of tea but a cool game imo.

The_gardens_between_cover_art.jpg

So hopefully the above information helps some people, and we can post about games worth playing in this thread 🙂

Clio
The Touryst, my favourite 10 pinter game. Can sit there for hours trying the same level over and over again. Currently stuck on the level where you need to ride on the slabs and land them on the pillars whilst the octopus thing pisses you off.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
The Touryst, my favourite 10 pinter game. Can sit there for hours trying the same level over and over again. Currently stuck on the level where you need to ride on the slabs and land them on the pillars whilst the octopus thing pisses you off.
That must be the last one? I've not done it yet, think I need to find all the bottles in the ocean to get the tourist guide to visit the last island.

I've also not managed to do the drums yet, bloody winds me up, so close to throwing the pad through the TV!

Clio
That must be the last one? I've not done it yet, think I need to find all the bottles in the ocean to get the tourist guide to visit the last island.

I've also not managed to do the drums yet, bloody winds me up, so close to throwing the pad through the TV!
Touryst completed.

It was the last level, last bit.

Only thing I don't think I did was the Ybiza party thing where you need to get the full rating on the party meter.

Scrolls did my head in finding the last one in the mine.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Touryst completed.

It was the last level, last bit.

Only thing I don't think I did was the Ybiza party thing where you need to get the full rating on the party meter.

Scrolls did my head in finding the last one in the mine.
I've not played for a few days now, I realised on Sunday that I missed one of the main monuments (was expecting it on the secret island but it wasn't), the one with the orbs and rotating platforms. I'm currently stuck on the boss, I can get on it's head and get the light but then always end up in the drink and die because he destroys the platform I jump to.

I was on the verge of needing blood pressure tablets so I'm having a break 😂.

Clio
Its gone mental this week. Was going to buy AC Valhalla on Tuesday, but looking at Games Pass I won't need to buy it until its £9.99 CeX.

First on the list is Star Wars Jedi something or other
Then Planet Coaster as a time killer
Also Need for Speed as I haven't played them since the PS2 I think.

Just off to Asda now to buy some pink thongs to hide in my Jeans so the Mrs thinks I'm having an affair and I can move out for a few weeks and take the xbox with me.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Yep it's pretty insane. I have Jedi installed, yet to play it. FF also got added.

I'm trying to complete as much of Talos Principle as possible before it's removed on Sunday, this is one of the downsides of game pass, games can hook you and then get removed (especially third party games).

Tetris is great and on game pass, Gears Tactics and 5 looks bloody amazing too on the XSX!. All the Halo games have been added, and with EA Play too there really is something for everyone. I don't know when I'll need to buy a game again.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I have a 14 day trial of GPU if anyone wants it? Came with my spare pad but I'll not need it.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
For anyone who did the converting 3 years of XBox Live Gold to Gamepass for £1 thing around 3 years ago, like me, you can still do something similar again and save a fortune!

Found this on Reddit so can't take credit, but you have to let your current Gamepass expire or this will not work.

Buy 9 x 3 month Xbox Live Gold codes from Eneba, add each code separately and claim the free month every time for auto renewing, then turn it off before adding the next code. This will give you 9 free months effectively and get you up to 3 years of Xbox Live, which is the maximum you can stack for this to work.

Then it gives you the option to convert it all to Gamepass Ultimate for the cost of 1 month, which is £10.99 (it's still £1 if you've not done this previously) and bingo, 3 years of Gamepass Ultimate normally costing £396 for around £60, bargain! (y)

No VPN required, nothing dodgy and it definitely worked for me and a couple of my mates.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I've got a free ultimate pass free with EE if anyone wants it cheap

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Playing The Pedestrian at the moment. Pretty good little indie puzzle game.

Popped in here this morning and saw this post, been playing it quite a bit today, great little game. Had it installed ages but kept forgetting about it.

For anyone who did the converting 3 years of XBox Live Gold to Gamepass for £1 thing around 3 years ago, like me, you can still do something similar again and save a fortune!

Found this on Reddit so can't take credit, but you have to let your current Gamepass expire or this will not work.

Buy 9 x 3 month Xbox Live Gold codes from Eneba, add each code separately and claim the free month every time for auto renewing, then turn it off before adding the next code. This will give you 9 free months effectively and get you up to 3 years of Xbox Live, which is the maximum you can stack for this to work.

Then it gives you the option to convert it all to Gamepass Ultimate for the cost of 1 month, which is £10.99 (it's still £1 if you've not done this previously) and bingo, 3 years of Gamepass Ultimate normally costing £396 for around £60, bargain! (y)

No VPN required, nothing dodgy and it definitely worked for me and a couple of my mates.
Mine expires at the start of 2023, hoping this still works then!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Escape Academy recently joined game pass, only done the first couple and apart from the controls being a bit s**t (better once you adjust sensitivity) it's pretty decent, one you'd like I bet @mace¬

Clio
lol, done a few Escape academy, needed to whack the sensitivity right down.

Power wash I've done the van, garden, bike and about 50% of the way through the playground. Something properly relaxing about it. When you get that back and forward, sweeping across cleaning motion. Just shame about the lack of tools

Clio
Finished this the other day. Only a short game but really enjoyed it.

Played this, got to the first real puzzle with the engine. Started the engine pulled the lever just blew and then I couldn't figure out what to do next. Got the feeling I needed to shoot something to knock the box down so I could climb the wall but couldn;t find anything to pick up to use

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Played this, got to the first real puzzle with the engine. Started the engine pulled the lever just blew and then I couldn't figure out what to do next. Got the feeling I needed to shoot something to knock the box down so I could climb the wall but couldn;t find anything to pick up to use

From what I remember you need to go left and exit the barn, then some chicks will follow you, go back towards the engine start it and they will get sucked up and knock off the box off.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Have you played Limbo? That's worth a play-through, too. (y)

I have… but never finished it.

Going to have a go at that again, thanks for reminding me 👍

I have just finished Unravel 1 and 2 which were also really good!

One of my all time favourite games on the Xbox is Shadow Complex, I don’t think it’s on gamepass though.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I have… but never finished it.

Going to have a go at that again, thanks for reminding me 👍

I have just finished Unravel 1 and 2 which were also really good!

One of my all time favourite games on the Xbox is Shadow Complex, I don’t think it’s on gamepass though.

No worries. Ah yes, I loved the Unravel games - beautifully rendered and animated. I still need to revisit Unravel 2 to complete some of the achievements.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Train World Sim 3 is actually pretty good to . Played it quite a bit this week. 🤫

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Goldeneye has been confirmed for Xbox game pass. Definitely going to have to relive some nostalgia with that.

View attachment 1611839

I was approached about working on this but was in the middle of another job at the time. I've also been asked if I'd be interested in an 18-month role at Rare on a new project. I knew they'd come knocking after knocking me back in 1997 because of my lack of experience at the time! :ROFLMAO:

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
If I ever met the group who made Banjo Kazooie I'd buy them several rounds....