ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Microsoft Office 2010

Scirocco GT 2.0
Evening

Just downloading this now!

It's still in Technical Preview form for now but should be released around the same time as Windows 7 in the Autumn. :approve:

2ihustj.jpg

1j9kba.gif

Will have a butchers and post my own screenshots etc soon :D

Scirocco GT 2.0
Well first impressions are good! First thing that hits you is the new animated boot up screen.

Microsoft have been quite reserved in the changes made to the main Office programs unlike the change between 2003 and 2007! It does look and feel much more crisp than 2007 though.

However they have made some pretty big changes elsewhere for example Outlook which is the first major upgrade for a good few years!

In Word:

They have kept the Tabs which are now even more logical, they have added some neat, handy features for example the Screenshot clipper which beats print screening and editing manually any day!

Word1.jpg

Word2.jpg

I do not like the new 'Office Button'! click on it and instead of getting a traditional dropdown list you get this:

Word3.jpg

Completely takes your document away from you and it is a bit OTT for me.

Excel, Powerpoint, Access are pretty much the same as 2007 but with the the new horrid office button.

As with Outlook, they have decided to dramatically change Publisher this time round, haven't used it much yet but it looks very good with some good new features.

Pub1.jpg

the New Outlook:

Very good, I'm glad they decided to finally do an overhaul I don't think i'll look back. The tabs just make things so much simpler and quicker.

Out1.jpg

Last edited:

dk

911 GTS Cab
i thought it was going to be called office 14 or something this time?

link to download would be nice, we've been talking about this at work recently.

Scirocco GT 2.0
I think it is h'gainst teh CS Rules to post such material here so i'll PM.

Cheers

PS. Office 14 was it's development code name.

You can sign up here with Microsoft also, offical Technical Release is mid-July.

http://www.office2010themovie.com/

Last edited:
  Fabia vRS
i have been running this for a week or 2 now, as said above, not much different to office 2007, but the overhaul to outlook is nice and brings it inline with the style of the rest of the office suite.

Scirocco GT 2.0
i have been running this for a week or 2 now, as said above, not much different to office 2007, but the overhaul to outlook is nice and brings it inline with the style of the rest of the office suite.

Yeah tis nice.

What do you think of the new Office Button though? :S

dk

911 GTS Cab
installed it last night, apart outlook and the new office button i can't really tell much difference, just the old little thing here and there.

Not even sure if i like the new outlook tbh, it works as it is now, guess thats why they didn't change it with 2007.