ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Miles to a tank, Clio 197

M2 Competition
How many miles are owners getting from a tank in their 197's?

How much is it to fill up a tank, and do they run fine on normal 95 RON?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
The 200 doesn't like 95ron, at all. All the mk3's have flat spots, worse and more noticeable on 95.

Mini Cooper S
Costs me about £60 to fill up the tank, with standard unleaded. MK3 Clio, not a 197..

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
Mine ran fine on 95ron. It was on 95 when you saw it at brands.;)

LY 200
I get around 300 miles.

Run on the best juice mostly from BP but Shell prefered when i can get to one.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I'm getting 340ish per tank, mixed driving. But again, that's the 200, not sure how the 197 compares.

M2 Competition
A petrol thread?!

You've gone down in my estimations, big man! :(

Lol, am on 200-240 miles per tank in the RS! Curious to what the 197 got.

Cheers for the replies so far. 300 miles to a tank or thereabouts sounds better!

M2 Competition
Thats driving it off boost, pootling about below 4k revs! Cant remember the last time i drove it above 4k :(

ST
Mine used to get around 250-300 Dan, mixture of sainsbury/BP ultimate or VPower..high MPG wasn't its strong point, but i kicked its hole everywhere, also 4grand at 'cruising' speeds on the motorway never helped either.

Turbo LY R27
I get between 320-350 mixed. But if you see the green light a lot its worse. Bout £60, £65 if ive been brave lol!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
About 340 in the current steed, thats full to fumes, always run on Optimax

Turbo LY R27
^^^^^never sees the green light then? Ive only ever done that once and that was on a long run on the motorway at 60-70mph!!

RS250 Megane
Done it this week.
Kent to Wakefield, back down to the Midlands.
Motorway driving, sitting at around 80MPH.

Giving it the occasional blip going from slip roads etc.
Last time I checked it was 35.4MPG.

Most I've got is 38MPG on the way to the Ring.
Least 12MPG on Brands and 14MPG on Llandow.

LY 200
People on here do make me laugh when they take the piss saying things like 'never see's the green light then' if you claim to get a good mpg out of the 197!

Na mate its just called not driving like a f**king ned round town trying your best to smash the green light from speed hump to speed hump.

Mine always see's 30/32mpg and im no angel.