ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Milltek Trouble! Help Needed please!

Octavia VRS
Hi guys, bought a Milltek Cat back system a few weeks ago and just cant get it to sit straight. the hangers look fine and are not perished...

It seems to be the exhaust brackets.....

Is there anyone in the south Wales area who would be able to help me with this before i have to go to a garage?

It hangs Low, One pipe is on the bumper surround and they are not central :S

Beers will be provided to anyone who can help:D

65331_438475126482_510626482_5425219_1517748_n.jpg

Hughski.

Octavia VRS
I think this should be in the problems section, sorry! Mods please do your thing.

Hughski.

Clio Sport 182
where did you buy it as i was about to buy a Miltek on saturday! gulp. I dont want mine looking like that, no offence meant!

Octavia VRS
  R27 - 77/500
I bought the same system and if its no legit i would be suprised coz I ran a milltek on FRS that was bought from official supplier and all the packaging a documents were exactly the same.

Mine sits well but both pipes settle off to the right when warm. :mad:

b/g 182, meg tourer
one pipe looks more off centre than the other. mine has always sat perfectly centre, especially once the mounts were packed up with socket bits.

inferno 182cup
HI mine was jus like that when i put it on the other week i bent the bracket (the left one as u look from the back), then adjusted the one on the right (as u look at the back of car) on the adjuster bar to sit in the hole propper.

it looks low too u can adjust it by moving the middle section (not to b a critic, jus helpin) :) good luck

Clio 182
Mine was a bit like that but not as bad.
Have you set the distance between the two pipes? You need to undo the M8 nut and bolt in the middle of the tie bar that holds
them together. I then used a scissor jack to push the pipes apart till they sat in the middle of the bumper cut outs and tightened the nut and bolt back
up. Think you need to start with that then you can look at loosening the hangers.
By sliding them forward or back you will move the tail pipes left or right to get them central.

Octavia VRS
Ok guys, Iv ordered a new Mani-cat gasket because its blowing like a b!tch at the moment so when iv got her up on bricks again il undo it all and see what i can achieve, if anything :clown:

Looking for 182
Check the cat - cat back clamp as well, mine was rusted like a b**ch and I replaced it with a stronger clamp and resealed it. Really easy to do and stopped my blowing exhaust. Yay!

Bit of a common issue with the Millteks. Mine saytoff to the right and vibrated the bumper surround. Right side was fine but left side was low. Cable tied it for now until I pop to K-tec for the re-map.

I could do with a new cat-back clamp as my original is rusted and bent out of shape somewhat. Any idea where I can get one of those? (Assuming K-tec don't have any).

Edit: Cheers for the link SS, guessing I can get it direct from NWP as I'm not really a fan of e-bay!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I had exactly the same issue. I'm 100% convinced the hole system was jigged 15mm out. I sold it on in the end, what ever I did or Birchdown, it was too stressed :(. Did sound well though