ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Milltek

szd

Trophy #070
Thinking of a getting a milltek cat back for my 182, dont want anything too loud, so has anyone in the birmingham area or near south birmingham got one fitted - preferably still running a cat that i could check out?

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
fitted mine one hour ago :)
the cat is still there, no air intake or other mods
it sounds really nice, not raspy, and untill 4000 rpm it has a low note, which I like, above 4000 it becomes more metallic, overall I think this is what you want..

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Christopher has one fitted mate, it's my fave sounding exhaust. And my fave make of exhaust, never too loud and chavvy.

fad

Clio 182 FF
NO, but A YOzzapsort is nicer and not chavvy

I beg to differ my mate has a Yozza and its silly loud put me off as I am not 17 anymore.

Quality wise you cannot fault it but its just too loud IMO

szd

Trophy #070
I have heard the yozzasport on videos and probably is too loud for what I want. My mate had a milltek on his golf R32 and sounded awesome and was impressed with the quality.

Would just like to hear one before I plan on getting it next week.

I've seen a few threads on here recently where people have experienced cracked welding on the Milteks and alignment problems.

I have heard the yozzasport on videos and probably is too loud for what I want. My mate had a milltek on his golf R32 and sounded awesome and was impressed with the quality.

Would just like to hear one before I plan on getting it next week.
Off-topic, but speaking of R32s with tasty exhausts;

[youtube]RK0NNrALXu4[/youtube]

To stay on-topic, here's Christopher's 182 with Milltek;

http://www.vimeo.com/1985989

106 GTI
I've seen a few threads on here recently where people have experienced cracked welding on the Milteks and alignment problems.

I beleve this is an internet myth as Ive only heard of this once or twice with no pics

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
No centre box. The yozzasport is too loud. To 99% of people it sounds chavvy. As said, Chris's is the best sounding 182 I've heard.

TBH Chris's is the ideal system. Id never decat mine though.

The light would pee me off in the end.

szd

Trophy #070
Thanks guys, hadn't seen that video Powey - sounds good although thats with a decat so should be a bit quieter with a cat, about right for me !

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
if thats with a decat it sounds pants
Mr_T_is_Yoda.ashx

Your opinion, it matters not, fool.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
nto as good as this

C;est Bon

[YOUTUBE]YNu6pK2j8ds[/YOUTUBE]

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Proved my point Riz, louder at standstill! Beside, you were telling me how good a standard golf gti sounds, hearing fail;)

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Proved my point Riz, louder at standstill! Beside, you were telling me how good a standard golf gti sounds, hearing fail;)

Not just louder but better!!
STD GTi does sound nice but your comparing chalk and cheese when comparing a clio to a GOlf

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Not just louder but better!!
STD GTi does sound nice but your comparing chalk and cheese when comparing a clio to a GOlf
Thinking of a getting a milltek cat back for my 182, dont want anything too loud, so has anyone in the birmingham area or near south birmingham got one fitted - preferably still running a cat that i could check out?
So you recommend the loudest system available. I f**king love you to bits.

szd

Trophy #070
Thanks again for advice. :)

LOL, he doesnt know what he is missing

Actually I do know what I want, I'm not 18 and dont want an exhaust loud enough to wake the dead, just want something that sounds better than standard and not too loud!

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Thanks again for advice. :)

Actually I do know what I want, I'm not 18 and dont want an exhaust loud enough to wake the dead, just want something that sounds better than standard and not too loud!

my bad

320d
I've been in Chris's car and a Yozza'd/decated 182. Chris's is quieter inside, its bearable and sounds great. The Yozza was great just being taken for a blast but not sure if I would want to live with it everyday.

I'd definately go for the Milltek and decat, balls to the light its only a light, not big deal.