ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mini 2019 John Cooper Works

An orange one
I still prefer the very first shape of "new" mini. It's not that it's a bad looking car it's just they are so big now. I would love a good go in one though, they sound great!

And whoever designed that front bumper wants shot IMO.. It's like it's got a huge sticky out square chin...?!

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Don't they map to something silly when you'reach bored too?
Yeh. A bloke on a mini forum mapped his to 280bhp.

The same lad added an upgraded intercooler and reached 301bhp.

I think it will take a while before I'm bored. [emoji12]

Fiesta ST
Glad you're happy with it! I've had my 182 since June and I still smile every time I sit in it :cool:

I want a charged cooper s, like one of the older ones. I just can't get over the whine :hearteyes:

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Glad you're happy with it! I've had my 182 since June and I still smile every time I sit in it :cool:

I want a charged cooper s, like one of the older ones. I just can't get over the whine :hearteyes:
Yeh. My missus uncle had an older one and it was a nice drive, it just lacked features and comforts and thats the bits I like!

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
That front bumper. Jesus.

I thought my GP was daft looking.

Agree, its awful lol,along with the wheels that look like GP1 Replicas!!
Thy can be made to look a little better however ...

OP's:
21537852129_a3fe281cfe_c.jpg

Chap on MT, lowered approx 3 feet, plus lots of colour coding:
20392313899_c653edf75e_o.jpg

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
The bottom one is at a good angle too. In real life it'd still look awful!

Thing is that one looks great but it's so low it must be unusable and to get it to look good that chin needs to be 5mm off the ground.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Thing is that one looks great but it's so low it must be unusable and to get it to look good that chin needs to be 5mm off the ground.
That's the thing.

These things are pretty rapid and been the low I think it would cause problems.

I'm not one for lowering cars, rather just keep it standard and enjoy it. [emoji13]

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
No love for the front bumper eh. [emoji53]

How you enjoying yours @Waitey ?? You test drove one of the new ones?
Weirdly looking at a Cooper SD tomorrow. One without the JCW kit on it haha.

Spec is pretty impressive now. Need something to replace the F-type for mortgage based reasons lol

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep

Spec is pretty impressive now. Need something to replace the F-type for mortgage based reasons lol
The cooper SD is a great car.

You can get 12k worth of extras now on the minis it's ridiculous.

The Harmon Kardon and a media packs are a must like mate. Love it in mine. :)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

Not tempted by a late r56? N18 motor is superb, and good mpg.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
The cooper SD is a great car.

You can get 12k worth of extras now on the minis it's ridiculous.

The Harmon Kardon and a media packs are a must like mate. Love it in mine. :smile:

I need media, HK, chilli, HUD, heated seats etc etc.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
All great options bar the HUD? You drove one with it yet?? I found it obstructed the view to much that's why I opted against it.
HUD is the main reason. Loved it in my 335d. When your car acts as an office sometimes it's a god send.

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
Nice car, I went and looked at these a couple of months ago the seats are great, but with options I would want it was over £30k and I could not pay that for a Mini so ordered a Focus RS.
7 weeks is easy to wait I have got to wait until March/April 😞

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Nice car, I went and looked at these a couple of months ago the seats are great, but with options I would want it was over £30k and I could not pay that for a Mini so ordered a Focus RS.
7 weeks is easy to wait I have got to wait until March/April 😞
7 weeks was a killer. I feel for you!!

Aye, mine was around that but you only live once and if it's the car you like it's worth it I guess.

Still love it every time I turn it on and hear the burble.

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
That's what I thought with the FRS, the Mini was a bit too small in reality for me as I go fishing to France every year and I would not have got everything in.
They do sound nice, I see a black one on my way home from work most days and it pops and bangs.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
That's what I thought with the FRS, the Mini was a bit too small in reality for me as I go fishing to France every year and I would not have got everything in.
They do sound nice, I see a black one on my way home from work most days and it pops and bangs.
The pops and bangs make it. I've got a video I should upload.

The boot is a whopping 60 litres bigger on this version. [emoji6]