ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mini 2019 John Cooper Works

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Whilst I appreciate it's an awesome upgrade, it looks horrific compared to your old one. Old one looked great. This one appears to have been designed by the blind as some sort of charity competition :-(
:eek:penmouth:
I love the front end. Sometimes i look at the Cooper S and think it looks better with the fogs / drls down there but they had to remove them for the oil cooler which they needed to enlarge.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
:eek:penmouth:
I love the front end. Sometimes i look at the Cooper S and think it looks better with the fogs / drls down there but they had to remove them for the oil cooler which they needed to enlarge.
Hahah! I hope I didn't offend, I just think the new one looks like it's had an aftermarket bumper bolted on and your old one looked sleek and smart. I don't think it'll age as well tbh!

Lmao, i loved that car!

Difference is, mine is meant to do that.
Hey that was the standard exhaust!

I loved it too :(

You never text me about that Malton meet. I'll have to wait 'til next year now to sit in these comfy seats :(

One of these drove past me the other day. The exhaust sounded immense. Proper popped and crackled. Even the Mrs was like, wow that sounded good!

Would that have been the standard JCW exhaust or something aftermarket? Also didn't realise these were 2.0T and not 1.6T like the old ones. Shame it looks disabled ;)

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
One of these drove past me the other day. The exhaust sounded immense. Proper popped and crackled. Even the Mrs was like, wow that sounded good!

Would that have been the standard JCW exhaust or something aftermarket? Also didn't realise these were 2.0T and not 1.6T like the old ones. Shame it looks disabled ;)
Naughty!

The JCW and the cooper s can be upgraded with the Bluetooth exhausts which makes it ridiculously loud. The standard system does sound pretty immense though.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Whilst I appreciate it's an awesome upgrade, it looks horrific compared to your old one. Old one looked great. This one appears to have been designed by the blind as some sort of charity competition :-(

This! Inside is gorgeous though.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Update
So ive had the car for 6/7 weeks now and i still absolutely love it. Today i decided to finally give it a good clean.

I posted a thread looking for feedback on what jet wash i should buy myself. I ended up going with the general consensus and getting a Nilfisk c130, Autobrite snow foam lance and soap from Amazon.

22987416115_603eab711f_c.jpg
Clean Mini
by Sam Ward, on Flickr

Ive never snow foamed a car. Ever. So, with some helpful tips from @Knuckles i tried my best and think i did a pretty good job for a first timer. Once snow foamed, i used the standard 2 bucket cleaning method.

22575119607_40eaef647d_c.jpg
Clean Mini
by Sam Ward, on Flickr

22569004827_a656d1ea37_c.jpg
Clean Mini
by Sam Ward, on Flickr

22569113628_b9a8a13974_c.jpg
Clean Mini
by Sam Ward, on Flickr

22987424005_e8962ecd45_c.jpg
Clean Mini
by Sam Ward, on Flickr

22799377720_abf37f7341_c.jpg
Clean Mini
by Sam Ward, on Flickr

22987437135_64cef4fe3e_c.jpg
Clean Mini
by Sam Ward, on Flickr

and typical english weather, it started raining!
22987391595_a270f79500_c.jpg
Clean Mini
by Sam Ward, on Flickr

I didn't have time due to the weather to apply anything on the black bumpers or any tyre shine! 😧

All the pictures where taken on my iPhone as well so might not be the best.

Sam! :smile:

Last edited:
  Clio 182
I can see why people dislike the front end as its very different, but i personally love it. Looks great.
Theres a grey coloured one of these around my way, looks and sounds awesome!
Very nice!

Reactions: Sam

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I can see why people dislike the front end as its very different, but i personally love it. Looks great.
Theres a grey coloured one of these around my way, looks and sounds awesome!
Very nice!
I love the front end and the rest of the car, but then I would after owning a PH1 and now a bug eye impreza.

It's the rear lights I find offensive.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
I love the front end and the rest of the car, but then I would after owning a PH1 and now a bug eye impreza.

It's the rear lights I find offensive.
I love the front end. Looks mean in my opinion.

The lights are big but it adds to the Minis character. [emoji4]

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Had a spirited drive with one of these and a 997 last night. They look fun. The front snow plough could come in useful over winter ;).

I really don't like being negative, as I'm sure it's bloody great to drive. But f**k me it's ugly as sin.

image.jpeg

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
I think they've done the best they could given crash regs etc. But they are incredibly awkward looking things. I just don't get the lower bumper. Inspired by Jimmy hill
From what I've read it's to maximise the airflow to the radiator and inter cooler.

Same reason the JCW doesn't have front fog lights, they replaced them with vents to maximise airflow to the oil cooler.

It all has a purpose.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Update
8 months later and the car hasnt changed yet.
All i try to do is keep it clean!
28168863496_22ae2d3fb6_c.jpg
Cleaning the Mini.
by Sam Ward, on Flickr

28098826672_52453b44ec_c.jpg
Cleaning the Mini.
by Sam Ward, on Flickr

28168859446_35c1ff72be_c.jpg
Cleaning the Mini.
by Sam Ward, on Flickr

Also, as some of you may have seen, i attended Cliosport Festival in it and had a blast on the track. Here is some footage!

I still love it to pieces. I drive my 120d throughout the week, so coming home on a weekend and jumping in this is a lovely change!

Ive also sent off to get my plate put on it now as its nearly a year old.

Sam!

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Update
Hey guys.

Finally made my first modification to the Mini after nearly a year of ownership.

I decided i wanted to get rid of the chrome lights rings (front and back) and replace them with some black ones. Ordered them from Cotswolds Mini and they where delivered the next day. Got them fitted at the weekend and its definitely changed the car.

Heres some pictures of them fitted and a little clean.

28218686703_f552d123c8_c.jpg
Cleanish Mini JCW
by Sam Ward, on Flickr

28218681823_2a981fd3ba_c.jpg
Cleanish Mini JCW
by Sam Ward, on Flickr

28216220004_c5287e8766_c.jpg
Cleanish Mini JCW
by Sam Ward, on Flickr

28802185756_0081057c17_c.jpg
Cleanish Mini JCW
by Sam Ward, on Flickr

Going to hopefully try and source a black grill or get this chrome one wrapped.
:smile:

Last edited:

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
The black looks great Sam!

Much more purposeful IMO and the grill will finish it off nicely!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Not convinced on the front of these things but the rear looks awesome, especially the lights now :)

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Rears look great because you've got a black insert across the boot lid and not chrome. Think it needs the front grill trim swapping for black. Car looks a bit of an emo at the minute lol.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sam

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
I personally think the new light rings would look much better colour coded Sam.

Looking good though mate.
Oh I hate colour coding. I don't like it when people get all the black wheel arches and skirts painted. It looks a bit to much.

I'm debating removing the stripes now. Few stone chips on them.