ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mini's aren't gay!

Skoda
[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uZnrGviUn6I&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uZnrGviUn6I&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

182 Trophy
Awsomeawsomeawsome
always loved charger whine on cooper s's, a mate of mine had his up to around 215bhp, which cost him a few k like but it was mental.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
At some points it sounds like my electric RC car and at others it sounds like some-one farting through an airhorn. Do not want

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I seen a white cooper s with Porsche brakes last night!

They were big f**k off red ones! One was impressed!

These mini's have a uprated sc pulley, crank pulley and also a 'not made aymore' air gain system. Pipe that connects to the throttle body.

Facelift R53 Cooper S
I couldnt live that whine, its annoying already

It only comes in when you go flat footed, any other time it's indistinguishable, even at motorway speeds.

They're underrated by the general public which is why i love mine.

Enough poke as standard to play with ST's and Type R's and VERY cheap to tune.

Around £600 can see you with an extra 40 BHP.

TrackCar & F30 330d
It sounded good at frist but it was gettign a bit annoying after a while.

I think the video doesnt do it justice

Never above 25mpg
It only comes in when you go flat footed, any other time it's indistinguishable, even at motorway speeds.

They're underrated by the general public which is why i love mine.

Around £600 can see you with an extra 40 BHP.

That's why almost everyone I see has one?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
All i can hear is the electric power steering pump...;)

ST fiesta's maybe..type r's i think you'd be fighting a loosing battle quite quickly

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I thought they didn't need mapping as the OEM BMW software can cope with more boost.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Ok guys ill take your word for it. :)

Not that two mates of mine own mini cooper s's (one with pulley, one without) and one with a type r. ;)

I drove a modded Cooper Works a while back, not sure what it had done.
But all i do know is it would rape my 182 !!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Don't need to argue, just need to give your input rather than stupid small posts like-

yes but people will say otherwise..haha!

IN MY EXPERIENCE ;), a filtered and pulley'ed CS is no faster than a CTR. Pretty much on par with eachother infact.

Saying this though, i do love the mini's handling. Which IMO is there main feature. Especially with the LSD.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
It depends how they are put against each other IMO

On a track, a pulley'd mini would beat a CTR, it has a relatively flat torque curve and constant boost.

Next to each other, same gear and putting your foot down, the Mini edges slightly. But fairly even.

If you caught a Civic out, and he wasnt in the right gear, the Mini would pull easily.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Hmm maybe but then if a civic was just off vtec and caught the mini out what would happen? The truth ive found they are even in 9 out of 10 situations. If there is a difference its much down to the driver. Neither will get away from eachother.

They are a good round package theres no denial.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Both very even.

We went to the Nurburgring in my friends type r anniversary this easter and put it through its paces. We will be going in my Mini later this year hopefully so it will be good to see how they compare, especially in the uphill sections.

Ultra Red Megane 225
2009_MINI_Cabrio_rearperson.jpg

lol