ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mintex 1144s any good?

Not a 320d
Did a search and apparantly they are good, no ds 2500 but still a good alternative. However another member in a recent thread has expressed that they might not actually be that good. I don't want to buy something that's dog poo.

Si

RS Clio 172
I used them around brands hatch the other week. It was my first proper effort on track so I can't really give a detailed review of them but I did get some pretty good fade but as Fred says, no problem on road. I'll prob bite the bullet and go ferodo next time, although there seems to be a few dodgy batches of those about at the moment.

172 Race Car
M1144's are great pads!

For about 2 laps and then you may aswell stick your arm out the window to slow down. Fade like a MOFO.

Si

RS Clio 172
wouldn't be able to say who fitted them. One sec. I'll dig out some pics.

Si

RS Clio 172
This was posted on another forum I'm on the other day:

13082010170.jpg

Then another guy noticed the thread and posted these:

DefectivePads2.jpg

Defectivepads8.jpg

all ds2500 iirc. The second set of pics are from a 306 rallye. Owner's been using ds2500 for years so can't be fault fitting surely? TDF Matt said they looks like they've been well outside the working temp range?

I dunno, I just like cars if they're shiny.

Attachments

• 13082010170.jpg
    13082010170.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 208
  Lionel Richie
if you as the driver "out drive" the pads then of course they're going to be NFG to you

the DS2500 is the standard pad for track day go-ers, a starting point if you will, but the better you become, the faster you become, the later you'll brake = more abuse on the brakes = you need to go up to a more suitable pad to keep up with your driving ability

makes sense to me

Not a 320d
Some good reponses thanks, I won't be tracking the car, but on occasions I'm pretty heavy on the brakes especially on b roads, I'd like a set of brakes and pads that actually bite.

Si

RS Clio 172
I'd say the M1144's should be ok then mate, that's what I have and they're fine on road. I will be getting ds2500s next though.

Not a 320d
Ok cool, ill stick with 1144 pads and brembo standard discs then. Long as I'm not buying something like green stuff pads.

Not a 320d
I use them, as said before, great for road, not so great for track :(

Cooll cool. If they work better than renaults then im happy :)

Thanks for replys. Ill try my luck with brembo Standards and Mintex 1144's, if they are pap, then ill look into something esle, like having bigger wheels fitted, and new caliper mounts made up so i can run 197 brakes or something.

Lionel Richie
^1155 and 1166 are no where near DS2500's either, 1 day at bedford is all we got out of them both, they were down to metal!

Not a 320d
Well i wont be driving at bedford :) Long as it can cope with being hammered round backroads for 45 mins its all good.

So I have CL RC5s for the track and Im looking for a decent set of road pads to use on a second set of disks (Brembo HC)
What would people recommend, DS2500, 1144 or something else?

RS-182 Mk2 RS-2000
Sorry to butt in here. I need a set of front pads for my 182 rally car. I can say this don't go for EBC yellow stuff they're rubbish and mine are worn out after about 120 competitive miles. What do people recommend for fronts for competition use? Ferodos?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i really rate 1144's on the road, i run them on genuine discs on my trophy and they survived fine on a midnight blast down dukes pass glued to my mates m3. Used them on my flamer on brembo HC discs, braided lines and superblue fluid and they were better

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
i really rate 1144's on the road, i run them on genuine discs on my trophy and they survived fine on a midnight blast down dukes pass glued to my mates m3. Used them on my flamer on brembo HC discs, braided lines and superblue fluid and they were better

Mega road, My test route when i get something done to any of my cars

Cossie, 182FF, A3
I've got m1144 on my 182 with Brembo HC discs and ATE super blue fluid.

Iv done approximately 8000 road miles, a trip to the ring and 5 track days on them and found breaking to be excellent on the road, good on track for a few laps then the heat seems to tail off performance but still work fine, just that their edge goes.

Got 1155's as their replacement as they are now pretty much worn out.