ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Misfire at 2000rpm

kmxgoon182

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Hi all, recently acquired another 182 with a long list of problems. EML Light was on showing a Df014 canister purge solenoid valve circuit. This lead me to remove the charcoal canister by following one of the guides on here. The light was cleared but returned a few miles later. Could the misfire and the canister be related or Is there something else I should be chasing down regarding the misfire ? The car runs well above 2000rpm.
8E33D9C3-A6A6-47BB-9B33-D238187F3BF0.jpeg

PH2 172
Hi all, recently acquired another 182 with a long list of problems. EML Light was on showing a Df014 canister purge solenoid valve circuit. This lead me to remove the charcoal canister by following one of the guides on here. The light was cleared but returned a few miles later. Could the misfire and the canister be related or Is there something else I should be chasing down regarding the misfire ? The car runs well above 2000rpm.View attachment 1368381

Unless you have not capped the inlet vacuum take off for the carbon canister, I cannot see anything active there that would cause a misfire. at low rpm.
@bloke may have a more informed opinion.

kmxgoon182

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Unless you have not capped the inlet vacuum take off for the carbon canister, I cannot see anything active there that would cause a misfire. at low rpm.
@bloke may have a more informed opinion.[/QUOT
the
@bloke may have a more informed opinion.
the pipes on the upper inlet neer the throttle body have been looped together. The top of the canister solenoid is still plugged in and pipe on the right is blanked like this
661C66DF-8EF1-44C5-91BF-33394A28DBC2.png
The fault code is still present with this setup.

PH2 172
the
the pipes on the upper inlet neer the throttle body have been looped together. The top of the canister solenoid is still plugged in and pipe on the right is blanked like thisView attachment 1368383The fault code is still present with this setup.

Pipes (stubs) in the plural?
It makes sense if the acoustic valve has also been removed, which explains DF308.
I junked my CC as a) it made a lot of noise &b) was full of water.
Leave the solenoid connected, junk the engine bay vacuum pipe & lt the filler neck pipe vent to air.
Never had a misfire on account of it.

kmxgoon182

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Pipes (stubs) in the plural?
It makes sense if the acoustic valve has also been removed, which explains DF308.
I junked my CC as a) it made a lot of noise &b) was full of water.
Leave the solenoid connected, junk the engine bay vacuum pipe & lt the filler neck pipe vent to air.
Never had a misfire on account of it.
Thanks I’ll double check this setup tonight and go down the usual misfire hunting route

dan's cast offs.
Just look at live data, launch is good so that should show you easy enough what it is. Think it's got data recording as well?

Does it only do it under load or when you rev it?

kmxgoon182

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Just look at live data, launch is good so that should show you easy enough what it is. Think it's got data recording as well?

Does it only do it under load or when you rev it?
Yeah didn’t think of live data thanks. Yeah under load its the same