ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

miss fire-just wont go away.HELP

clio 172
Hi there i have a clio sport 172 ph1 and it has a miss fire,theres no pattern to the miss fire,sometimes it can be fine for several days then its back,useually after the 1st 2mins of driving.

when it happens its around the 2k rpm mark,if i touch the throttle it just drops its revs but doesnt cut out,it will then backfire,if i pull over and let it idle for around 1 min then set off again it will be fine.

ive fitted magnecor leads,bosch super4s and a new coil pack but with no joy.

if anybody would like to suggest anything please feel free.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
You checked the plug holes for moisture? Can be prone to this, especially in this weather.

the flat spot will be at the same point on rev range , no real cure that i can think of other than a remap . but i'd look at other possibilities 1st .

Clio 172 ph1
I too had an anoying problem changed the plugs the leads went to oe std induction cleaned the throttle body cleaned the fuel system tried everything everyone was saying to me and then some ........

then had a brain wave contacted rentech ordered a part worn lamda sensor and hey presto when fitted the car is like a dream no flat spot or hesitateing on to roundabouts or at t junctions or doing the speed limit on the motorway nearly killing me from time to time its fine and im so happy

cost me 50 notes plus 7 p&p from mike at rentech :)

megane 285 sport
check your inlet and airbox for oil. had the same prob, found oil in the bottom of my air box from when i over filled me engine with oil.