ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Missed my 330, so i bought another ...

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Had just over 100k on it when i picked it up, now on 101k. Paid £5k on the button. Chap i bought it from paid £7k in February lol ...

Fuel prices = cheap 3.0 BMW's.

Generally in pretty mint condition, owner was on detailingworld so its got no swirls, more polish than I4Detailing, & some weird stuff on the windscreen that makes the rain bead off! Wheels were refurbed when he bought it, although the spanner went & curbed one of them slightly the day after he picked it up.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
And i'm not going to lie, i'm probably going to buy that off you.

Mk5 golf gti
You may as well get an e90 m3 if your looking at the z4m ;)

Will definitely be looking at them when they drop below 20k within the next 2 years

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Thought you didn't want an m3 anymore?? Want to buy mine? Lol

lol, no thanks. Manual only. And i never said i didnt want an M3, i said i would prefer to keep the Trophy for the time being ;)

Dont really fancy an e92 tbh, i prefer the overall feel of the e46 and there's also a large difference between £8-13k for an e46/Z4M and £20+ for the V8 ...

Mk5 golf gti
Fairpoint

there is a lovely black Z4M up at the moment on piston heads.

i like them

Mk5 golf gti
Yea ive got a very keen eye on them, i love the V8 in them.
ive been in one but not driven one yet, within the next 2 years ill try and get one.

ive seen them dipping below 20k in the auctions, which is ridiculous for that amount of car.

the e90 330's are around the 7-9k mark so i see them becoming popular soon

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Rather boring update, but meh, i like to keep a track of everything ...

New wheel bolts, its the little things ;)

Before:
IMG_0877.jpg

IMG_0874.jpg

After:
IMG_0876.jpg

IMG_0875.jpg

New BMW badge for the bonnet, couldnt have that damaged now could we.

Before:
IMG_0878.jpg

After:
IMG_0879.jpg

And finally, installation of a Parrot Mki9200, note the retro tape player :eek:
IMG_0880.jpg

Unfortunately, what is normally a fairly easy job due to modern cars ISO connector's etc, upon removal of the glovebox/headunit, i was faced with what can only described as remnants of a 'Halfords' Nokia handsfree install. Not only had the idiots chopped into the OE stereo harness (instead of simply doing the usual 'plug & play'), but they had also left bare wire everywhere!!! So after removing about 3 metres of pointless wiring & making it less of a fire risk with liberal use of electrical connectors & insulating tape, the old sh1te was removed, & the new stuff fitted.

Happy days :cool:
IMG_0883.jpg

Just waiting for the new windscreen wipers to turn up now. Then i'll probably buy some tyres, although the Trophy needs taxing next month as well ... poor thing, havent driven it for about 6 weeks now lol. Need to do some more track days i feel!

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Nice runabout is that.

Get the BMW centre caps on the wheels aligned with M sport badge/logo though. Only a small thing but it'd annoy me :eek:

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
I cant stop looking at these on PH now and the Girlfriend loves them too.... How are these in the snow? I live on an estate that I saw a few BMW's abandoned on the main drive in as it is quite a hill

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Get the BMW centre caps on the wheels aligned with M sport badge/logo though. Only a small thing but it'd annoy me :eek:

Will be doing that when the tyres get swopped over. I'm with you, its a bit irritating lol.

How are these in the snow? I live on an estate that I saw a few BMW's abandoned on the main drive in as it is quite a hill

Last 330 wasnt too bad tbh. Predictably useless with the TC/DSC on (hence why you see them all parked up in the snow), but switch that off, & they are just as good as any other non-4x4. Over the winter i woke up to this, 5 mins later & i was on my way ... admitedly, i did insure the Trophy for the rest of the week, but only as thats more controllable/worth less if id binned it :eek:

84164add.gif

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
I cant stop looking at these on PH now and the Girlfriend loves them too.... How are these in the snow? I live on an estate that I saw a few BMW's abandoned on the main drive in as it is quite a hill

My E36 was great in the snow with budget tyres. I'd say low profile sports tyres will be worse. If you live in a valley like me you would want winter tyres or a decent rear diff. I really fancy one of these for a 'family' car. I loved my previous BMW!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Bloody hell dave.

I read this quickly as the tittle read and actually thought you had bought another 330i this week.

lol

Never above 25mpg
Makes me fancy a Dynavin now. That 6 speed box you had and the mway driving really upped the MPG too!

Bought some Depos yesterday for mine too, be here next week hopefully!