ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Missfire/idle problem clio 16v

Clio 172
Hi

My car has developed a missfire problem on idle and say after traffic lights. It also holds back and then suddenly goes forward. At idle the car will be fine for say 30 secs but then the revs start to drop to 400-500 rpm for 10 secs then back to 1500 rpm. I have changed the iscv and this has not made any diff.

I also changed the coolant temp sensor which seems to have got rid of the missfire but at the same time has made the car hard to start from warm (will almost fire up but then goes to turning over for like 20 secs) The car also seems to idle way higher say 1600 rpm with the coolant temp sensor.

The rolling road yesterday said it was running really lean (118bhp!) and its been modded aswell!

Whats up with the car people?

i know you said you changed iscv but i had this same problem on my old one and i cleaned it out and it solved the problem so i would say that it would prob do with something in this area i not saying it something to do with iscv just something in the aera MAYBE