ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mixed tyre sizes front & rear..?

Renaultsport Clio 200 Cup
I'm having my 172 mk2 wheels refurbed and also need 2x new tyres on the front.

I want to put 205/45-16s on but will still have standard 195/45-16s on the back.
Will this be OK/legal?

I understand my speedo will read 1.5% too low (been through all the tyre calculators on the net) but want the wider tyres as per 182s.

Discuss...

Speedo is off anyways, about 5 mph or so ar 60mhp, it reads you are doing 60 when you are doing 55 by GPS.

When my tyres FINALLY arrive i'll be running the same, well 205/45V15 on the front, and 195/45V15 on the back

Megane225FF
I ran 205/45/16 at the front and 195/45/16 at the back for a few months until funds allowed upgrade.. I had no problems

Shouldn't be a problem but I remember hearing that some ABS systems struggle if there is too big a difference in radius - even if it's just that one set of tyres is worn and one set is brand new! As others have said though, they've had no problems so I wouldn't worry about it :cool: