ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mixing goodyear f1's gsd2 & 3

Monaco Blue 172
rather stupidly ordered 2 x gsd2's (ages ago!) to test out a new fitting station. their equipment still hasnt been fitted yet so whilst i'm waiting i've decided to get the other two tyres on the way...

but! went back to mytyres and the gsd2's are now £10 dearer and have a 2 week delivery time (which usually means they've ran out). so anyway i've ordered 2 x gsd3's.

not too fussed about having the different treads front to back, but which way round should i put them? presumably the improvements on gsd3 imply that i should put them on the back to get the maximum benefit...?

went to goodyear webby and couldnt really get much info on what actually changed between 2 & 3 versions. if anyone could shed any light would be useful ta!

I'd put the 2's on the front and the 3's on the back.

Got the 3's all round on my valver and they are awesome! 2's are very good from everything I've read so I wouldn't be too worried.....

Monaco Blue 172
thats cool. i ran gsd2's on my rover and was pretty happy with them. and the car currently has different tyres front to back which isnt ideal but at least the goodyears will have similar tread patterns!

LiquidPhoto.co.uk
they aint all that similar! but both are superb tyres

ive had both

from memory the gsd2 have smaller water channels, and more surface area of rubber, so i would stick them on the back,

the gsd3s are great at clearing water, so id have them up front, but thats just meee :)

Williams 2,Audi S3,FRST
i agree with the above in one sence but i myself would put the 3s on the back as i didnt think there was to much dif in the wet (the 3s where better) but i would rather burn out the 2s on the front and then get another set of 3s for the front. (i went through 2 sets of fronts before i replaced the backs on the 3rd set):D and no i dont sit doing burnouts:rasp: