ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk 1 won't start

Nreg 1.2RL & Mreg 1.8 RSi
Went to start my beloved mk 1 and when i turn the key i get a loud click and nothing else.

any ideas?

Cheers Jimmy:dead:

do the lights dim on the dash? maybe the starter is jammed, stick the ca in 4th and rock it backwards and forth, or roll it if possible! if that fails try bumping it.

BMW M3
I once got this due to the immobiser on a sevice car they provided.... something to do with the fact the key wasnt being regestered or something..

Might be something like that if not the above suggestion ^^

lol, no worries its early! TBH it sounds like a flatish battery, or a dodgy starter, the other option it get a metal bar and whack the starter, the big round bit, not the small bit beside it!

Caddy Maxi
sounds like an earth problem to me, i had the same problem and it turned out to be the gearbox earth

Nreg 1.2RL & Mreg 1.8 RSi
I've just been out and had a giggle with some wires around the coil, battery etc, one of the batttery leads was a bit on the loose side, and then it started fine

thanks for your help

Jimmy