ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK 2 1.2 16V SPORT PERFORMANCE

Clio 3
Does anybody know what the performance is like after putting an IK on a 1.2 16v sport? there is an extra 15bhp on all the other 1.2s as standard so just wondering if there is a slight performance gain over the 60 brake 1.2s? also does anybody have any idea what other differences the sport engine has?? cheers.

You won't get any real hp gains maybe 1 or 2 but thats it.

the 16V head makes the extra power on the car vs the 8V

Sport engine has no advanatges it off the porduction line like the 1.2 16V stuck in the expresion etc.

The car was just called sport to sell it realy it not the same as the Renault sport cars.

is thjere a sport??? just thought u got dynamiques...... also wont a open ik loose power as it sucks hot air in???????

edde is the master tho.

is thjere a sport??? just thought u got dynamiques...... also wont a open ik loose power as it sucks hot air in???????

edde is the master tho.

They made a sport version but its just a trim level like dynamique etc.

Sorry not inot my IK etc any sort of stuff like that has such minimal gain anway it pointless there much more you can do driver and car wise for gains than that.

very interesting, you learn something new every day.

iv got a mk2 ph2 1.2 16v extreme but its not spacifically covered but i think its 75bhp, as it whips them 0-60 times.

Clio 3
actually in the 98-01 range the 1.2 16v sport is the only model that is 75bhp all others are 60bhp :p

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/specs/data.aspx?model=724

that web site is b****cks i had 1 of the 1.2 16v and i got 115 out of it standard.

yeh speed figures are bollox, top end n 0-60 are all jus robbed from the manufacturers stats, if u rag the tits out of it they will do alot more than they say, official bhp figures are all correct tho. n its nippy as f*#k for a 1.2. I like.

www.renparts.co.uk
  Evo 6, E92 320d
Back to your question.... i put a k and n induction kit on mine, in the cooler temps it gives it a minimal acceleration boost, but a good noise. However now the air is warming up a bit i'm getting a flat spot between 2-3k rpm on initial run, but after a little while when some cooler air is drawn into the bay the flat spot goes.

V6
i had a clio 1.2 sport 16v sport as said above is just a trim level nothing more. There realy is no point in trying to get more power out of a 1.2 16v. If u wana have fun from a 1.216v just get some coilovers and 16s/15s. handeling is only worth while fing to upgrade on.

that web site is b****cks i had 1 of the 1.2 16v and i got 115 out of it standard.

yeh speed figures are bollox, top end n 0-60 are all jus robbed from the manufacturers stats, if u rag the tits out of it they will do alot more than they say, official bhp figures are all correct tho. n its nippy as f*#k for a 1.2. I like.

You do know that manufacturer's figures are pretty accurate.

Their top speed will be gps accurate speed. You are going off an inaccurate speedo reading. 115 on your speedo will be about 106 actual speed.