ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK 3 TCE > Turbo or 225 Megane Conversion?

Clio RS 200 Gordini
Hi, can anyone recommend me in what way I should go with this?

I can put a K03 turbo on my car and get about 170BHP after a few more modifications or go for a 225 2.0 engine conversion.

What does everyone think? Is it more sensible to do an engine conversion? Can anyone give me estimates for all this work.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
loads of effort to do the engine conversion, not so much to go down the K03 route, however gearbox and clutch will be an issue. personally id rather keep the smaller lighter engine or sell up completely and buy another car, if you were going to the length of fitting an F4RT you are better starting with a 197 and getting the better spec suspension, brakes, gearbox etc etc

Clio RS 200 Gordini
Yeah the K03 will probably require Rods, Clutch, Gearbox and Fuel Pump which is expensive anyway. Yeah, I always liked the idea of a tiny engine with loads of power. Do you think this is a viable option? How much do you reckon?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
if I was going down the K03 route id just run around the 160-170bhp mark with a good oil cooler, good quality fluids and get someone who knows what they are doing to map it, I don't know for definite but the rods are fine at 150bhp, id take my chances at 170 and see how it goes!

gearbox might not last too well, but there isn't much info on this side of things, just Renault gearboxes aren't the strongest! however ive yet to see a twingo GT destroy a gearbox, so again I wouldn't worry about that too much

clutch assuming the clio uses the same one as the twingo GT will be your issue, 150lb/ft kills them pretty quickly!

Clio RS 200 Gordini
At the moment I run 155lb/ft and there is 0% slip but I do get stupid wheel spin in 1st with Michelins, its only done 15k miles though. Also, what if one of the rods broke in the engine? Really don't like the sound of taking a chance on a car with finance.

Last edited: