ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 - 1.2 Brakes.

Clio Mk1 - 1.2
I recently bought an R reg 1.2 mk1 ,im thinking of possibly servicing the brakes....just wandering whether you guys think its best to change the whole brake set up or just the pads??

Let me know some options i have.

Ben

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
Well if the pistons are not leaking, dont change them. If the pads look like they have a lot of life in them, again, dont waste money on changing.

Is there something wrong in the way they perform?

Bleeding them might be a good idea though.

Clio Mk1 - 1.2
well ,first thing ,is when im reversing with any slight lock on a real annoying metallic sounding squeek can be ,i thought maybe the pads were worn down.
Secondly ,it seems to take a while for the car to actually come to a stop ,even when doing relatively slow speeds 30-40mph.

You reckon bleeding them will make much difference to the performance??

Fiesta ST
If it takes awhile to stop it's probably because the brakes are the sh*te Bendix Calipers. You could always do a nice 16v front brake conversion. :D Lucas/Girling calipers will give you better braking.