ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mk1 172 alarm problems

My alarm seems to be malfunctioning on my mk1 172, seems to be after i put the hose on it to wash it. After washing it keeps going off, and when i undid the door, the oil light on the dash was flickering madly and there was a rapid clicking noise from under the glove box. Took it out for a long hot run after and it seemed to sort it, although iam worried that it will go off and unlock the doors when iam at work. Anyone had this problem, is it the water causing it, and should i get it looked at or just be more careful with the hose???

If it was more than just your alarm malfunctioning , which it sounds like it was , then water must be getting in somewhere it shouldnt and I would suggest that yiou have it looked at before everything stops working!

Ford Fiesta

the rapid clciking noise occurs when ui arm the unit sit inside lock the car and you will hear it