ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 172 died this morning

Turning right into my parking at work this morning, the car just died. No warning, nothing. Was running fine up to then. It started right up again, so I let it run for a few minutes - idled a bit rough at first but evened out after a while. No warning lights on or anything.

Any ideas?????

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

lift your foot up too quickly off the clutch ?

not intended to cause offense but you can do it without noticing ? maybe wrong gear ?

I am not trying to insult your driving.. well actually yes I am ;)

No all I did was change from 5th to 1st whilst doing a 180 handbrake turn. That wouldnt cause it would it;) :eek:

No really, I didnt do anything different to every other morning.

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Hmmm, hopefully its a one time thing.

Maybe something like air in the fuel line? but then it probably would have stuttered then died.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

just count it as a one off.. then if it starts happening frequently you can start to worry.

I think when cars have so much mordern electronic equipment in it and are so advanced more things are likely to go wrong.

Maybe it was the police testing a new device, and they sent out and EMP (Electro Magnetic Pulse, like you get from a nuclear blast) to your car.. temporarily disabling the ECU ?

Sorry, I just finished watching Tripple X, and Die another Day !:confused:

geoff - I can definately say it wasnt cold as were in mid summer here (South Africa):cool:
Hopefully it was just once off. I have to go out at lunch, so Ill have a nice gentle drive;) ;) and see what it does.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

ooh you lucky sod.. it bloody freezing here.. -2c this morning, car was frosted up and everything.

send us some of that African heat would you ..

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Hehe, My brother is dying for tuesday to arrive as thats when arrives here.

All hes been telling me is he cant wait to see the sun again

CTR EK9 turbo

sounds like what happened to mine. Its probably your idle sensor. On your throttle body theres a black thingy with a plug going into it, take off the plug using ur fingers (not feet) and blow into the end of the plug, replace and it might solve the problem.