ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mk1 172 Engine number

Audi TT 225
Guys wheres the engine number located on the mk1 172?

I dont have my car with me and I need to order a new ISCV but renault cant find the exact part without it.
And god forbid they should keep a even simple part in stock! :mad:

can they not do it off your reg? actually scrap that, they couldnt find me a 172 washer jet off the reg number :(

Audi TT 225
no I gave him the reg he said the screen didn't give him much info...

"computer says no"

He said it would only be on the engine, Ive got the oval plate info but thats no help apparently. I need to phone my missus and get her to get my mate to find the number but I need to tell him where to look lol.

Audi TT 225
nah he said it should begin F4R..... and it was on a plate some where in the engine bay :S

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
CB1C is correct, dunno why but its a bit of an odd ball engine number. As in you can find either on a Mk1 172, but CB0M is the 'offical' one.

Thats from the oval plate located inside the door.

It's not the engine number, that depends on date manufactured iirc

C005211 is my engine code according to the dialogies *I think*

Saner - mine is special ;)

Last edited:
  1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Ahh!! Let me put this straight!

You have an Engine Type and an Engine Number.

The engine type is a F4R, but seeing as this one engine could be used in different models there it aslso an engine number which tells renault the type of engine you have and what car its in!

The engine number can be found on the plate on the drivers door and will begin with CB

Audi TT 225
Mines deffo CB0M but I think the guy from renault is on about the engine fabrication number stamped on the actual engine some where.
If you look in the owners manual it shows some pictures of the engines of the different models and where to find the plates but it doesn't seem very useful.

If you look on dialogies you can enter the info off the oval plate but theres still a space for the engine fabrication number... I think this is what I need...

He said it should be F4R and some numbers he quoted me 3 different versions something like F4R 730??

RichMcc said:
Mines deffo CB0M but I think the guy from renault is on about the engine fabrication number stamped on the actual engine some where.
If you look in the owners manual it shows some pictures of the engines of the different models and where to find the plates but it doesn't seem very useful.

If you look on dialogies you can enter the info off the oval plate but theres still a space for the engine fabrication number... I think this is what I need...

He said it should be F4R and some numbers he quoted me 3 different versions something like F4R 730??
When was your car manufactured, I'll check the Dialogys for you.

YY/MM

Mine is F4R732 (01/03)

CB0M = F4R730

Audi TT 225
ahhh now that sounds about right mate. I'll call into renault later and poke the mofo with a stick until he orders my part... its irritating that its probably going to be the exact same part on all the engines!

Failing that I'll lurk around the dealers with a 10mm socket looking for a 172... muwahaha

Cheers for the help lads, much appriciated!

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Day said:
When was your car manufactured, I'll check the Dialogys for you.

YY/MM

Mine is F4R732 (01/03)

CB0M = F4R730

Why is your car intent on defiying me?

Audi TT 225
My old car was like that, fiesta sport with phase 1 chassis and engine, phase 2 interior, alloys, wiring loom lol

Leftovers lol!