ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK1 172 Vs VTR + others Vid

Megane Mk4
The only problem I see here is compaired to the VTR, they had to compromise top end speed in the VTS coz they altered the gearing ratio to give it the 0-62 time it has. so for top end speed the VTR and ultimately the 172/182 wins.. But there is a significant differance straight line power between a standard 172/182 and a VTS. yeah ok, theres not a lot of difference in the 0-62 timeline but on manufacturer tests, theres still a half second difference between them. But its still enough for the Power-to-Money difference anyday.. Yeah fair enough its a small car, but I'd rather be in the clio anyday. NCAP rating 4 in the clio compaired to the NCAP rating 2 in any Saxo??? .... Which would you prefer to be in a crash in ???

Last edited:
  Street Triple R
All you can say is that in the real world there is very little in performance difference between these cars, thats it, the Clio has the slight edge...thats it , a slight edge in a straight line

Having owned both i have to say that i prefered the handling on the VTS (but that is my opinion, before it starts another war lol)

Yep had a topaz VTS for a couple of years. Best car I've owned so far, in terms of driveability, fun, performance for such little money. Had my 182 for 6 months, let's see how the next 18 months go - but so far......it's equal with the Saxo. VTS is a great car for the money, much like my 182.

Remapped derv Golf
I found the Saxo's handling better because you don't need to put as much in to have fun. Less idiot proof if you like.

LY V6 with Recaros
Have any of the people here who say the Saxo has nothing on the Clio in terms of performance actualy driven the saxo too?? Because fair enough, compared to the clio its quite basic in terms of toys etc, and is older, but it is an extremly fun, chuckable car to drive, it handles well, and im sure it wouldn't be much far behind the clio. Ok, I only got rid of mine today so have only had the 182 for a day, but the saxo seems more easy to chuck about (more idiot proof as Adamf says), but imo they are very close in terms of being fun to drive!