ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mk1 clio 1.4 rt Is SMELLY !!

clio mk 1 1.4 rt
HI all , Iv'e owned the car for 6 months its a K reg 1992 1.4 rt ... WE recently went down to devon on holiday and say 450 mile round trip and the car didn't miss a beat !! drove lovely.. a month ago it got hot and i removed the thermostat, 300 miles after perfect driving again it smells like its burning oil ... ANY ideas would be helpful.. Ta Gary :S

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Is it using Oil? does it smell like egg at all ( cat problem ) most likely leaked onto the manifold, check for leaks.

clio mk 1 1.4 rt
Is it using Oil? does it smell like egg at all ( cat problem ) most likely leaked onto the manifold, check for leaks.

no it smells like burnt oil with a slight fish smell,,,.. you cant smell it when your driving but when you stop and get out it stinks,, the water is slightly discoloured but no milky oil ...? help

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Check all around the block for leaks, you've just taken the cap off i suppose to check the oil? get it up to temp and park up with someone else and get them to red line it in idle and check for smoke, would be white if the HG is gone and getting into the chambers.
Leak is the first thing I'd check though.

clio mk 1 1.4 rt
Check all around the block for leaks, you've just taken the cap off i suppose to check the oil? get it up to temp and park up with someone else and get them to red line it in idle and check for smoke, would be white if the HG is gone and getting into the chambers.
Leak is the first thing I'd check though.

cheers buddy thanks for that , is it worth taking it to a garage and getting a pressure test ??? if its the HG can i just tighten it up or would you reccomend some additive as i need to get to college daily and money is tight !!