ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK1 Clio Lock/Panel Repair Help

Valver
Hi all, someones had a go at breaking into my other halfs MK1 and the passenger side lock is just hanging loose in the hole. There's no real damage to the surrounds so all I want to know is what is the best way to secure the lock barrel back into the hole?
Thanks

Punto/Clio GTT
drop the door pad off and find the clip that pushes onto the lock to secure it in place, probly inside the door at the bottom if the locks hanging out.

if the clip wont go behind the lock as the actual hole is bent, your gonna need to straighten it so its flat.

1 way would be to mask out the actual hole with masking tape, 4 or 5 times, hold a thick flat piece of metal on the inside of the door (dolly)
and hammer it down from the outside, this should get it flat without damaging the paintwork anymore and enable the clip to slide behind the lock.

george 172,205,metro
best way to get it flat is to get 2 big washers that cover the hole and a bolt in the centre and tighten the bolt so it sandwiches the bent metal around the hole flat as it clamps up.
if u see what i mean. :)