ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 Door Speaker size...?

FOR SALE: '97 Clio 1.4 RT
Howdy dudey.
Just wonder, what size are the OE reno speakers?

I'm looking to change them, my HU is just 4x50watt, so they only need to handle 50watts, I know ICE-Freaks would say you HAVE to replace the wiring... but it looks like a ball-ache... what difference are we talking with OE wiring? Fire-hazard?

Share any stories you have :]

-Akira

Skoda Fabia vRS
i posted a guide on doing the wiring a few days ago mate, once you have done one side its not too bad

the fronts are 5 1/4" or 13cm

Cheers matey, handy guide :]

What did u replace urs with? And what did u do about the oe tweeters that are in the dash? Keep em or throw em? :]

-Akira

Skoda Fabia vRS
i removed em mate, my crossovers now sit behind the gap and the tweeters for my components are in place of the OE tweeters

Were the tweeters an exact fit? All the aftermarket tweeters I've seen seem tiny compare to the OE ones.

Thanks for the help :)

Got a link to what u replaced urs with? How's it soundin?

-Akira

Skoda Fabia vRS
pop the OE tweeter out of the 4" plastic thing and you can glue your new tweeters to it and screw the whole thing back in