ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mk1 electric sunroof fix?

1.8 16v Mk1 Ph1 + S14a
Hi guys,

The sunroof on my soon-to-be mk1 ph1 1.8 16v would not close on the testing. The owner has since closed it manually, but I wish to fix it so I can use it.

The sunroof motor is still runs perfectly on it, but apparently it seems to be some gears/cogs have worn out.

Are replacement parts available or expensive? (i'm used to air-con now and will miss a sunroof with air con :rolleyes: )

Matthew

Williams
Sorry to go off your topic a little but its still somewhat on track :)

i think my seal has gone on my sunroof, makes a whiseling noise when i do around 60+mph. how much am i looking at?

Trophy
Hi guys,

The sunroof on my soon-to-be mk1 ph1 1.8 16v would not close on the testing. The owner has since closed it manually, but I wish to fix it so I can use it.

The sunroof motor is still runs perfectly on it, but apparently it seems to be some gears/cogs have worn out.

Are replacement parts available or expensive? (i'm used to air-con now and will miss a sunroof with air con :rolleyes: )

Matthew

Sounds like the teeth have worn away on the motor, try fitting a replacement one.

Mat.

1.8 16v Mk1 Ph1 + S14a
Well iI did bring some real camo Duck tape back with me from the states, but I would rather do the job properly and get a new seal and gears and have a nice functioning electric sunroof :)

It a pretty nice exampe of a mk1, so would like to try and maintain it.

Matthew