ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK1 engine problems.... still!

Reet, the thing is my car is running on three cylinders. I found out by removing the HT leads one by one, one of them made no difference.
Very recently i have changed my coil pack, my HT leads, and my spark plugs, i even changed the problem plug again. Also cleaned my idle control valve, still no difference, its still running like a tractor.

I've made sure the plugs are all sparking which they are, i just have no clue why one of the cylinders isnt firing, the same lead makes no difference to the engine if removed even though ive changed all that.
Does anyone have a clue what it could be???
Begining to think it mite be Lambda?
Cheers.

PS: if its any help its a mk1 ph3 1.2

CB600FS
Does the lead work now when you pull it slowly off the plug (the one that wasn't working before)???

Sounds like you've got a fueling problem

did you put the affected cylinders plug on another cylinder to see if the missifre moved with it?

Lambda will not be the problem, as that won't affect any single cylinder.

If its a diet then theres an outside chance of a dodgy injector but its very remote.

just done a compression test on each cylinder, one of them is wayyyyy lower that the other 3, what would this be? worn piston rings? how much is it goin to cost to fix?

M

mini-valver

Could be one of a few things really! Rings, head gasket or a possibly a crack in the block.....

MERCEDES CLS AMG
The D7F 730 is usually a good lump - very rare they go wrong. A used engine will set you back about £150 ( worst case scenario ) and if you can fit it yourself you will save £££. No need to change car

Clio Mark 1 1.2
Sounds like a valve to me. Have u had the head off? I've just rebuilt the head on a D7F, 8 valves, valve stem oil seals, cam oil seal, all new gaskets, skimmed the head, waterpump, timing belt & tensioner and done the thermastat while it was in bits. Running fab now!! Cost me about £270 to do the lot although had cheap labour!