ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK1 F7P availability

1994 Clio Mk1 1.4 RT
I bought a '94 MK1 RT last year which overall is in pretty good nick, had around 70k miles on the clock and so far as I could see minimal body rust.
I love the car but a lot of me would like one of the bigger engines to put into this body. A donor car would be great, perhaps an old phase 1 MK1 that has a ruined body but half decent engine in good condition (F7P). Unfortunately, it seems like almost none are left, I can find hardly anything on Autotrader, Cars and Classic, Gumtree, eBay, nowhere seems to have any of these cars anymore. If you do find one, it'll probably either be the 1.2, 1.4 or diesel engine. You can do other swaps but it's far fetched enough me swapping an engine at all, let alone doing a full conversion. A direct swap is about my only hope.

There was a Valver going for £400 on Car and Classic but the engine had done 170k miles and looking at the rest of the car it was probably just going to be a pit of issues.

Are there any other places to look? Should I expect to even find one of these models at all anymore?

Thanks.

1994 Clio Mk1 1.4 RT
Dim me, my car is actually a Phase 2 (shows how much I know). Don't know how well phase 1 and phase 2 translate.