ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK1/MK2 172 rear light!

Astra 1.9cdti XP

OK Im hoping someone can help me out!

I have just got some MK2 172 rear lights for my MK1 but they have no bulb holders in them. Now I have tried to the MK1 bulb holders but they dont fit as they seem to be slightly bigger and the fixing are in a different place!

Has anyone managed this or have any ideas about how to make it work. I have spoke to Renault and you can only buy the complete units and not just the holders!

Someone must have had this before as Lexus light dont come with bulb holders either!

Ta

I think you have to try and find some bulb holders fella, dont think there is any other easy way round it! :(

Astra 1.9cdti XP

Quote: Originally posted by badinvincible on 21 September 2004

who did you buy the lights off?
I got lucky down at my local performance shop, someone was fitting Lexus light so I bought his standard one off him! Wouldnt have bothered if id know the bulb holders wouldnt fit!!

I think that is assuming you have the bulb holders in the lights though isnt it??

They shouldnt have needed the buld holders because there should have been new ones in the lexus lights!? :(

Just did this on my MK1.. But had the lenses and bulb holders, so just had to change this pins on the plugs. I looked at it if the MK1 buld holders would fit the MK2 lenses, but looked as if theyd need gluing on or something like that

Astra 1.9cdti XP

Sorted it!

Just modified the back the light slightly and then taped the holders into place. They are help in place once on the car anyway. Need to change the indicator bulbs as they are clear bulbs in the MK1 and Clear lenses in the MK2 light so need some orange bulbs

All sorted....cheers guys!

Astra 1.9cdti XP

I squirted them with a high pressure hose tother day and they didnt mist or fill up with water. But I was a little concerened at first!