ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 & mk2 V6 exhaust back box questions

I've heard that they are the same, but I need to confirm it 100% really.

Mine was looking a bit tired so I had it painted in high temp paint, that was a while ago. A lot of it has chipped off now, so i'm looking at getting another back box & either polishing it up or painting it up myself then swapping them over.
I'm not after an after market one as the OE ones are cheap to replace (second hand) the bit you see just needs a 'freshen up'

Next up, do I have to remove the rear bumper to get to the back box to remove it ? Or can it be done from getting under the car ?

Ta.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
They are the same.

Bumper can stay on, but it's only a 15min job to get it off and alot easier to work around!!!

Thanks for the that Fred, Ali's says they are the same so that's cool.

Next question, how do I get the rear bumper off ?
What will I need when I come to re fit the back back box ? (I don't want it to blow etc)

Thanks.

Lionel Richie
i just leave the bumper on, just undo the 2 clamps each side (they will be rusty, you might have to cut them off) then prise it off the rubbers, done

Cheers,

Will the under tray have to come off ? Will I need any other parts ? Can you get me a price for the clamps please Fred ?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Craig, there is a guide on the v6forum in the knowledge section. Seriously take the bumper off! It's far more accessable then!...No neeed to remove the undertray!

im not 100% sure they are the same.

the janspeed back box doesnt fit a mk2, it only fits the mk1, therefore id assume there is some different flange or manifold connection or something?

and yes, def take off the rear bumper, just makes it all abit easier.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
really? :S eeek!

Craig...Ask k-tec mate! lol...Certainly the quiksilvers and the ph1 k-tec zorst works on both RS V6 models...

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
Taking the bumper off is not a 15 min job first time round, maybe if you are built like a woman with wee hands it might be different. Save yourself the hassle and leave it on. If the back box is that bad condition wise I would deffo get new clamps to hand before starting the job.

Cheers, I've seen pics of both standard ones (mk1 & mk2) and, they errr look identical. I best speak to k-tec.

I'd rather not faff about taking the bumper off tbh.

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Got my mechanic mate to remove my QS and fit an OEM back box to the B/G.. He didn't remove the bumper, and had it done in 10 - 15 minutes.. so quick I hadn't realised he'd done as I was making coffee.. lol

Your choice Craig.. maybe try it with the bumper in place, and see how you go. You can soon get to grips with the bumper if you struggle with it in place.

Yeah I reckon i'll tackle it with the rear bumper on the car.

Fred - if you see this, please can you get me a price for the clamps ?

Just need to see if they are the same exhaust or not now.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Yeah I reckon i'll tackle it with the rear bumper on the car.

Fred - if you see this, please can you get me a price for the clamps ?

Just need to see if they are the same exhaust or not now.

I think they are different-

The joins @ the top of the pipes that go to the manifold have a different stud/gasket pattern IIRC-

Steve

Clio v6
Stuff inside red line after the back box is different between mk1 and mk 2

rearexhaust.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120479468047

Last edited by a moderator: