ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 Ph3 immobiliser

I want to replace the receiving unit for my immobiliser on my mk1 ph3 Clio as it has water damage from a leaky sunroof. Will I have to get the immobiliser reconfigured at Renault or will I be able to just replace it one for one???

So it doesn't send the signal to the ECU to authenticate, then if it's correct open the doors and allow the car to be started?

Going to be a right pain if I have to. Any idea how much it would cost for Renault to do it?

valver
around £70 inc the reicever and programming, i would seal that sunroof up too, i got a new alarm put in that didnt solve the problem as you have to get the old system taken off the ecu which will cost another £100 so i didnt bother and now i ahve to alarms to take off before i start my car, try just cleaning up the old reciever with wd40 and cleaning up the circuit board in the key.

Williams 2
I had the same problem with mine too inc the 2 alarms, leaky sun roof fuckin immobiliser not working, proper pissed me off!

What i did was cleaned the rubber seal for the roof and no more leaky sun roof!

I took the litlle black box out then took it indoors then dryed it out with and hair dryer and now it works fine! well i have to put the key close for it to work!

only prob is that if water has got down the cable you are f**k'd, then and that means taking it all out to dry it or getting a new alarm!

I also have a CAT1 alarm on the car, just the circuit board on the receiver has got rusty parts on it! I'm just trying to sort it at the moment as I'm looking at selling the car, and £70 wasn't what I was hoping for.

I think I'll try and have a play around with it a bit more tomorrow.

Does anyone know the combination to get around it in case I properly break it! I think it consists of the button on the right indicator stalk and turning the ignition on and off?

The sunroof isn't leaking at the moment as that and the aerial are both taped up, as the sunroof also doesn't work, lol.

I don't see how the black box comes off, as it looks like it's wired beyond reach. :S

Thanks for the help so far!

No, lawson is talking rubbish.

On a phase 3 the central locking reciever in the roof is universal. The codes are stored in the ECU. You have three options, get another reciever from a phase 3 from a scrap yard. Get one from renault or clean up the circuit board on the old reciever with some isopropyl alcohol which usually does the trick.

Thank god for that, did think it would be a weird way of it working. At least 2 of the 3 options won't cost a fortune!

I'll have a go at that 2moz Jay and let you know how I get on. ;)

1fast6 said:
On a phase 3 the central locking reciever in the roof is universal. The codes are stored in the ECU. .

Correct :)

Hence my old 1.2 had both on when I had the Clifford.. and had to disarm both before it moved :approve: