ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK2 1.2 Clio Sound system project

Mk2 ph2 1.2
Hey guys, It's my first post here so hopefully I'm posting in the correct section.

Now I pretty much need advice on everything for this small project/sound system replacement.

What I have in mind at the moment is having 2 12" sub woofers, replacing at least the front 2 door speakers (maybe the back 2 as well. Your opinion would be nice) and the 2 tweeters on the dash. I'll need some amplifiers of course.

What I am asking here is can you guys recommend me what subs/speakers/amp I will need for this.

Budget is lets say no more than £100 per 12" and say £50 max per door speaker if that is reasonable.

Hopefully I have left enough information for you guys to help me out.

Thanks in advance
Scott.

172 Cup
hello, i bought a jvc package for my clio there was a headunit, 12" 800w subwoofer, kicker 500w amplifier and all the wiring kit for about £170 ino you said no more than £100 but it is such a good deal :), then i just nicked some pioneer door speakers from my brothers 106 hah dont know if thats any help or not :)

Breaking 172 NV676
Whats your total budget?

Most on here do front door speakers and tweeters running off a amp, leave the rear door speakers running off the head unit, then have a single sub running off a seperate amp.

It also depends on the type of music you listen to, whether it be a bit of low rumbling dubstep or hard punchy dance music

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
take it to local car audio places and get quotes, also get some soundproofing to stop the rattles from the subs. whats your budget for all of it inc headunit?

Mk2 ph2 1.2
@blacky950 Thanks for the offer but it's not quite what I'm asking for in this thread.

@TIG ACM i would like to do this in about £500 but if that is unreasonable i would go to max about £700. Also I would love it to cover all music, right from the deepest dubstep to the great guitar work of Jimi Hendrix.

I already have a non stock headunit but I don't know if it would be powerful enough for what I'm after. its a JVC KD-G333. Here's a link for the specs of it - http://www.ekmpowershop3.com/ekmps/shops/react247/jvc-kd-g333-cd-player-715-p.asp

Mk2 ph2 1.2
Been speaking with some people about this and I have changed my mind about getting 2 12" subs, think I'm just gonna get 1 and change all the door speakers, Anyone know of a good 300W rms upward 12" sub that comes with a box?

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
best buying a sub and getting good amp and builb thhe box yourself to the correct spec

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
building of it is better than pre built. as there usually not to the right spec

mk2 ph1 1.4 S
As per what Mickb said...

I'm running 6x9s, 12" active sub and pioneer door speakers

6x9s run off the rear speakers and pioneers just replaced the front ones

It kicks pretty well for what I need!
But I do have to admit I need sound deadening as it rattles like fuxk!

K

KieranKDog

Hey Guys does any one know how to wire a sub and amp from the head unit

i gathered you run the power down 1 side and the components down the other but where actually on the headunit do these wires go?

The power cable runs from the car battery but where do the others go? x

I have a pioneer headunit and my pioneer sub is on the way :) x

Last edited by a moderator:
  Tango'd PB 1.2 16V
Just run 1 12" sub?
Save your money for something else like an RS Grille.
You'll probably not ever get the full volume out of 2, unless you have 4" thick windows, so its just a pointless amount of bass and waste of power imo.
I wanted 2 12" subs when i first started driving, but one is more than enough.
I'm running a full FLI system atm,
6x9's on stealth shelf,
front and back door speakers, (3 DOOR)
Tweeters,
12" sub + 450w amp + thats loud enough to knock a child over.

Would recommend building a sub box to fit your car rather than a pre-built one, as it'll fit better to the contours of your car so it'll give a more bass-ier sound.
Sound deadening is a good investment too.

clio mk2 1.6 16v
^+1 i got 2 12" fli subs in the back of my car, and tbh sounds good but anooying because of the lack of room it fills my boot and is pretty heavy too! stick with one or you could go for a 15"?

172cup
I had 2 12" Jbl 1000 watt subs and a 4000 watt amp after a while it just got boring. But i would like a smaller set up now thinking of chaining all the speakers and then maybe getting a 10" sub to hide somewhere.

Tango'd PB 1.2 16V
There's always the hightened risk of theft if you're gonna go around driving with it full blast too.
"Oh look, theres that kid that's got £500 in his boot that i can take out with a screwdriver, Yeeeeeeh!"7

There is some really imaginative boot builds though.
Its more about space and boot usage than the actual subs haha.
Can i still carry golf clubs/shopping/dead bodies in there? etc. etc.

White 182 Rep
ive got a juice 12'' sub 1000w & 1200w juice amplifier with a box and wires all came to £65 from amazon. got some decent 40£ alpines for the front doors.

Renault clio mk 2 1.
Hello guys.
I have a couple of questions
questions.

My gfs brother has had a Sony xplod 1200 watt sat in the attic for a while. I was tidying out her mother's garage and found the 1100 watt amp to watch all with cables which she said I could have. Being a young boy who likes load music I took it. So I watched countless videos on how to fit it and eventually got it all in and had 2 separate friends who know about cars check it and said it was all good. Now I have a mk2 clio 1.5dci. The amp is roughly set to half on each like lpv and low boost etc. And the other day I was left in the car for around 40 mins and engine off when she tried to start it. Nothing. Battery completely dead. Couldn't put up the window. Tried to bump start it nothing. She has also been claiming that one click back of the key should leave all electronics on which sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. Could this be the wrong remote wire into the cd player? Is the sub slowly wrecked my car or was it just due to the fact it was on for a long period without the engine on?

Please help a Bro put