ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK2 172 12,000 Mile Service

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

Mine is in this week, what should they change? Been told around £140-£150 by Renault Liverpool too.

Elliot - I went to Basingstoke aswell, they tried to charge me £215 and when I complained they told me it was because "it is a 172 Cup and the service interval is 12k or two years and two years is a long time so that is why". I said "eh?", she kept repeating "It is a 172 Cup", at which I kept saying "No it isnt". They are rubbish, the manager eventually came out and took £20 off because I had complained.

They are a rip off, and to top it off they didnt even fix the things I told them were wrong. I dont think ill go back there......

Is it worth phoning up a few different Renault dealers and getting quotes coz mines due any day now too?

has this just moved or am i losing my mind?

This has moved, no idea where to but I found it again. I thought I was losing it too.

Definately worth ringing around, I didnt bother and got ripped off.

ill have to check the sheet i got from mine but i think its oil and filter change air filter replaced and general check over the car including the usual tyre tread check suspension etc, all pretty usual stuff. i paid £100 but supplied the oil myself

Ive just been quoted £180 for my 172 12,000 mile service (from Renault Nottingham). Apparently its more expensive than the rest of the Clio range because the pollen filter has to be changed!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

They dont change the spark plugs though do they.. cause they are them special metal 70 odd thousand mile jobs..

mine is just about to go in for the 12,000 mile service and I still believe it is the most expensive friggin oil and filter you will ever buy!!!

Quote: Originally posted by hype on 08 July 2003

Ive just been quoted £180 for my 172 12,000 mile service (from Renault Nottingham). Apparently its more expensive than the rest of the Clio range because the pollen filter has to be changed!
What a joke!!! Leicester Renault charged me £157. Saying that its never going back to them, due to an unrelated matter.

Quote: Originally posted by _KDF on 08 July 2003

They dont change the spark plugs though do they.. cause they are them special metal 70 odd thousand mile jobs..
nah they dont, plus its inlet manifold off time to fit the plugs

Mk2 172

I think they also oil the door & hatch hinges...and if you are lucky they will valet it too.

chogg....where else is there in the Basingstoke area then?

Mines a week Sat (12k service). Been quoted £150 ish.

I dont trust or rate my local Ren garage, taking to Yeovil... Anyone heard anything bad about them?