ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mk2 172 blowing hot air only???

Clio Sport 172
Hi Guys and Girls

I have recently brought a 172 clio 52 reg and had it a week or so, I have owned one in the past to but sold out to a Audi TT :-(.... but im back as i always thought id be....Anyway, rencently the car has stopped putting any cold air through the vents, the air con starts (as you here it pop on) but no cold air.... just hot.

The car isnt over heating and other than this its running nice just like my old one... Any ideas???

Thanks
Steve M

Sounds like the flap/valve in the heater box isn't working so it cant direct cold air into the heater ducts. The flap is stuck in the hot position therefore channeling hot air all the time.

Not sure if the flap is cable controlled or electronically, but i would have a look at that first.

Clio Sport 172
Well the thing is the cold air was working fine untill yesterday coming away from the local train station. And the air con pops on but just seems to blow cold, im with the thoughts of somthing not ajusting to allow the flow of cold air through. If anyone has had the same issue then let me know..... ive tryed google and the only issue people seem to get is lack of hot air.....

Thanks again
Steve

Clio Sport 172
Thanks for that link, ive striped down the panel and turned the cog and its pushing through cold air :) now to dig out a cable tie.......

I knew cliosport would pull through for me!!

Thanks
Steve M

Clio Sport 172
All fixed now, all perfect to, thanks again n-dre and the other guys for your help, thought i may be looking at somthing pricey....

Steve M