ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mk2 172 side strips on a mk1 172!

Hi

Was reading a msg below on colour coding side strips (and bump strips etc)... and I was thinking, does anyone know if the "new" style side strips (you know, the greyish plastic boards on the side of the doors) on the mkII 172 Clio RS (the are colour coded and also has a chrome badge with the insigna 2.016v) would fit straight on to the mkI???

cheers

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

Ive been told they do but dont know for certain. I want to buy some to colour-code the car.

ok! I was also thinking of "colourcoding" and I also like the "chrome-badge-thing" on the end...

I talked to my Renault dealer (some bloke in spares dept.) but they didnt know for sure either so...

anyone else??

fanx!

Hi, personally i wouldnt waste your money on new ones. I have a mk1 172 and have colour coded mine. They look just as good. You would still have to paint the new ones anyway so why bother!

True, true... I know they come in primer so painting is necessary, either way, if i go for mkII or simply colour code the ones i have...

but the thing is that I like the new badge, the chrome/silver one (2.016v) better than the oval inserted one...

thanks