ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mk2 172 speaker sizes

Elise/VX220/R26

I know the fronts are 5.5 inch/13CM but has anyone changed the ones where the back seats are?

Ive got a single 12" sub in the back and am going to be getting some components for the front, Im thinking of just doing away with the rear speakers cos they just distort with the volume up. If I did away with the rear speakers would that mean the head units amp would have more juice to power the components?

Lionel Richie

The rear ones are the same as the fronts, 13cm/5.25inch

They distort cos theyre paper coned/sh*t Renault!!!!!

About having more juice for the fronts from the headunit, i dont think it would make any difference, and as far as i know you cant bridge the four outputs from the headunits amp

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

no you cant bridge them, well your not supposed to anyway, and I think you would end up blowing the amp if you tried and the ohmage wouldnt be right.

MMmm I should get round to putting my sub + amp in too... soon as I start my boot build.