ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk2 Brakes

T

thecremeegg

The front brakes on my Mk2 Ph1 need replacing, discs and pads. The garage quoted me £170 to do it all, which i think is a bit extreme! How easy is it to change for someone who before has only changed front bulbs and rear clusters? Also anyone know any good websites to order standard disks and pads cheaply?
Any help much appreciated

Cheers

Tom

Yep way to much.

Easy to do I'm trying to write a guide but keep getting draged to ther things but its the same as the 172 guide which if you become a member you cna look at.

1 hours work or so if you take our time.

Eurocarparts are cheap but personally I always use Halfords disk are £60 and pads are £17 ish. You can buy them cheapers I'm trying to research another compnay who might be able to supply for £50 all in.

T

thecremeegg

Ah right, thanks for that. Its kinda annoying cos i havent had the car long and as a poor student even new brakes are exepnsive lol
If its not too difficult then i'll give it a go then. Do you know if a haynes manual will have a guide?

Thanks

Tom

thecremeegg said:
Ah right, thanks for that. Its kinda annoying cos i havent had the car long and as a poor student even new brakes are exepnsive lol
If its not too difficult then i'll give it a go then. Do you know if a haynes manual will have a guide?
Yep its not amazing though.

There a guide to doing the 172 ones on the guides part of the forum but you have to be a member to see it and the 1.2 etc are the same to do realy.