ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK2 CLIO ADVICE

wr69bigal

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 red

HI PPL OUT THERE NEED A QUICK BIT OF ADVISE FROM YOU ALL ON BUYING A CLIO 172 MK2. BASCIALLY I HAVE SEEN A CLIO 172 MK2 FOR SALE AT A REASONABLE PRICE. I KNOW THAT THE CAR HAS HIGH MILAEAGE 67K I THINK ITS ON A 51 REG.

IS THERE ANYTHING THAT I SHOULD BE LOOKING FOR WHEN I GO SEE IT?

SHOULD I GO SEE THE CAR?

WAS THERE ANY PROBLEMS WITH THIS MODEL/YEAR RECALLS OR ANYTHING?

PLEASE EMAIL ME ON mailto:WR69BIGAL@YAHOO.CO.UK">WR69BIGAL@YAHOO.CO.UK WITH ANY ADVISE THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Look out for the usual signs of wear and tear or abuse or accident damage. Tbh if its all straight no signs of an accident is fully serviced drives right etc then they dont suffer too many mechanical issues. You might have the odd rattle or squeak but generally thats the worst it gets. If there are any problems most likely candidates tend to be engine mounts or the pipe work next to the rear silencer heavily corroding and the backbox falling off but thats about it.

wr69bigal

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 red

CHEERS LOONY GOING TO SEE IT SAT SO WILL LOOK ON HERE FOR ANYOTHER INFO BEFORE VENTURING OUT. FINGERS CROSSED.

No problem. If youve got a mate whos a mechanic it wont do any harm to take them with you, failing that if you arent the most mechanically minded you can get an AA or RAC check done for about £100 that includes a HPI check, might give you some peace of mind if you at all worried.

67k isnt a huge milage after all the 2.0 is a big enine in a small car so not as stressed as much as says a 520 BWM. My little dci is more higly stressed probably and Im not gentle and its been fine for 48k.

Just remember the 72k service is expensive £500 from none Renault garages and probably closer to £700 at Renault plus youll posibly have to do rear brakes.

Have a look on autotrader though just to make sure you are getting a good price as 172s are getting quite cheap (relitively) now.