ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk2 Clio Bonnet Catchhh ??

RENAULT CLIOO
Just got back from Holiday, driving my girlfriend back to Newcastle on the A19, and me bonnet flew up,

Hit the windscreen, i had to swerve out the way and pull over.

Turns out the bonnet was damaged, hinges snapped and smashed wipers.

390quid in the garage for repairs.

Can i claim anything back from RENAULT? As my car was not recalled for the catch thing?

Let me know guys!

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
if you never had a letter and ur not bulls**tting as renault can check, then give ruk a call

Just to warn you, your insurance may not pay out for it if they find out it hasn't been back to Renault for the recall. We had a Clio in the other week the exact same thing happened to and the insurance told them to sod off.

RENAULT CLIOO
Ive never had a letter or anything from them.

I dont want to go through insurance, as will effect my no claims wont it ?

390quid for it, i was gutted!! Hope i do get summit back!

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
How many owners has the car had? I suspect cars with a few owners behind them are going to be hard to track down. But as said, with all the coverage, I reckon you will be told to do one.

ds3
that's gutting. mine wasn't recalled, though when it went in for it's service they did it then. ring renault and ask them maybe?

Just go into a dealer and ask. Simple.
Done it with both my Clios, both got the catches replaced.