ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK2 Clio front led side light bulbs.

182 clio
Hi all looking for any recommendations or first hand experience on this modification.

Also been looking at doing the same to the fog lights.

Cheers

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Ive tried loads of different led sidelights over the years. These are by far the brightest, whitest I've used.
Can't send a direct link from eBay on my phone. Have a look for these.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191104-002635.png
    Screenshot_20191104-002635.png
    302.8 KB · Views: 166
  182 clio
Ive tried loads of different led sidelights over the years. These are by far the brightest, whitest I've used.
Can't send a direct link from eBay on my phone. Have a look for these.
Cheers I will have a look for them.

Was reading some of them aren't mot friendly.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Cheers I will have a look for them.

Was reading some of them aren't mot friendly.
I've never had a problem with MOT s and led sidelights. These are bright enough you can see them clearly in daylight.
I changed the Xenon headlight bulbs recently for 6000k bulbs and these led sidelights match perfectly.
They're the best leds I've used and I've used alot over the years.

182 clio
I've never had a problem with MOT s and led sidelights. These are bright enough you can see them clearly in daylight.
I changed the Xenon headlight bulbs recently for 6000k bulbs and these led sidelights match perfectly.
They're the best leds I've used and I've used alot over the years.
Yeah that's what I'm wanting my side lights to match my xenon's.
As they are they look sh*t next to the xenon's.
Have you any experience with foglight LEDs?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Yeah that's what I'm wanting my side lights to match my xenon's.
As they are they look sh*t next to the xenon's.
Have you any experience with foglight LEDs?
No experience with the foglights sorry.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Just took these pics now. They're bright in daylight but hard to capture on my phone. If I remember tonight I'll take some pics in the dark.

Attachments

• 20191104_153030.jpg
    20191104_153030.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 133
  • 20191104_153024.jpg
    20191104_153024.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 138
  182 clio
Just took these pics now. They're bright in daylight but hard to capture on my phone. If I remember tonight I'll take some pics in the dark.
Very nice same colour as mines.
Yeah large difference in brightness, exactly what I'm looking for.
Saw packs of 10 at good price might buy those then I should always have spare as that seems to be the norm 😂.

Do they last a decent amount of time?

All the 'no brand' Chinese stuff I've tried has failed and flickered after about 2 months...

I think I've got a set of Philips things in at the moment - surprisingly good and have lasted well, although I would also recommend the PIAA Extreme White Plus w5w as well, which is a traditional halogen bulb lamp but just the right balance between blue-ish and white.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Had them in quite a while now. I had some cheaper ones that had been in ages but nowhere near as bright as these. They're a crisp white light same as the 6000k xenons.

182 clio
Do they last a decent amount of time?

All the 'no brand' Chinese stuff I've tried has failed and flickered after about 2 months...

I think I've got a set of Philips things in at the moment - surprisingly good and have lasted well, although I would also recommend the PIAA Extreme White Plus w5w as well, which is a traditional halogen bulb lamp but just the right balance between blue-ish and white.
That's what worries me I've heard of wiring looms getting fried etc.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Night time. Only with the led sidelights on.

Attachments

• 20191104_183143.jpg
    20191104_183143.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 143
That's what worries me I've heard of wiring looms getting fried etc.
Has that actually happened or is that internet scare stories? lol

LED should be much lower voltage than a 'normal' incandescent bulb, therefore they should not draw excessive current and create risk of a loom burning out, AIUI!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I think it's more like internet scaremongering. I've never seen any posts about frying the wiring loom.
The only time I've seen people have problems with led lights are when they use them on the interior of the car but they never fully turn off even when the ignition is off.

182 clio
Has that actually happened or is that internet scare stories? lol

LED should be much lower voltage than a 'normal' incandescent bulb, therefore they should not draw excessive current and create risk of a loom burning out, AIUI!
Yeah stories I guess 😂
I think it's more like internet scaremongering. I've never seen any posts about frying the wiring loom.
The only time I've seen people have problems with led lights are when they use them on the interior of the car but they never fully turn off even when the ignition is off.
Good to know that about interior LEDs.
That was on the cards as I'm sick of the orange red colour on clock's and heater control, I was wanting to make them blue.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
How does that work??
From what I can gather some people have fitted cheapo leds in their interior lights but they never fully turn off, there's always a slight glow.
The leds I mentioned above look very good quality.

182 clio
Not on:
View attachment 1439760
On:
View attachment 1439761
On on😂:
View attachment 1439762
They are a little bit more yellow than my headlamps. I don't know what k my headlamp bulbs are though, 5k maybe?
View attachment 1439763
Very nice I like.

I may give the ring ones a go if these don't pan out. @1.10 a bulb can't complain really though.
@MRBILLYUK has the ones I've ordered they look minted aswell plus has been no issues for him self.
Maybe a cheaper alternative to a brand name.

As any savings is a bonus with the cost of motoring rocketing

From what I can gather some people have fitted cheapo leds in their interior lights but they never fully turn off, there's always a slight glow.
The leds I mentioned above look very good quality.
I don't understand how that could be the case, lol.

Surely if the ignition is off, the doors are closed and the internal light switch is set to off or auto, there will be no power in the circuit?

Or is it the case that these modern cars with ridiculous and unnecessary gadgets always have everything in a 'primed' state?!

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Cheapo leds only last a few months then you will have the random flickering as you go along looking like a stealthy police car 🤣🤣

Clio 172 Ph2
Ive just fitted these into my side lights for my 172 ph2.

Working at the minute and they’ve been in for about 4 days.

haven’t got any before and after pics but they’re a nice crisp white without being over bright.

Match the Xenons pretty well to be fair.

and a decent price and took 2 days to deliver.

Attachments

• 00FFCBAC-21B2-4C6B-8658-A88A41EACD61.png
    00FFCBAC-21B2-4C6B-8658-A88A41EACD61.png
    550.3 KB · Views: 117
  • F919C2C2-9DB5-4F59-988C-711A1837597A.png
    F919C2C2-9DB5-4F59-988C-711A1837597A.png
    120.7 KB · Views: 101

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I use OSRAM LEDriving ones. Only got the one set and they’ve been in the car forever. Great for interior bulbs too. I’ve tried all kinds and the OSRAM ones are definitely the best IMO.

Clio 172 Ph2
Ive just fitted these into my side lights for my 172 ph2.

Working at the minute and they’ve been in for about 4 days.

haven’t got any before and after pics but they’re a nice crisp white without being over bright.

Match the Xenons pretty well to be fair.

and a decent price and took 2 days to deliver.

Just wanted to update and say i had to swap these out as they began flashing.

when i took them out the little plastic dome on top broke off inside my light cluster.

I have replaced with the same for now but have some different ones coming.

The little plastic dome will be removable but ill need to remove the light and shake them to the hole and then brake it apart using some long nose pliers to be able to get the bits out.

DOME distorted and wouldnt pass through the hole in the light housing for the side light.

J