ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk2 Clio in limp home? Dashboards lights on

Clio 1.2 16v
So recently my Clio has started displaying the engine management light and another I am not completely sure as to what it is, the photo is too big to attach here but it is a box with a wavey like through and a bigger coil type line underneath. It has also gone in limp home mode I believe, the car won't go above 3k revs

I sent it into the garage and my mechanic told me it had a throttle issue and an exhaust sensor issue. He fixed the sensor on Friday but didn't touch the throttle because it wasn't showing any error codes. He said replacing the throttle body might fix it but also said it cost £300 last time he did it

From looking online people have said replacing the coil packs or throttle body might fix it. Does anyone have any experience with this issue ? Would a throttle body and coils from a wreckers plug straight in ?

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Surprised the mechanic didn't test the coil pack and the throttle body to see if they were working.

Clio 1.2 16v
Surprised the mechanic didn't test the coil pack and the throttle body to see if they were working.
Well he didn't they weren't. He told me to drive it round and see how it got on. Driven it 140 miles to work yesterday and didn't miss a beat but then started playing up when o got back

I have a similar issue with intermittent limp mode, knocking it off usually does the trick but it gives codes for a throttle pedal and lambda but I believe the throttle code can actually refer to a lot of things rather than the pedal or TB.

I should probably do the lambda as from cold sometimes it’s splutters now and then

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Mine has done this a few times after damp weather, from what I've read on here it's more likely a connection or wiring issue rather than a component.

For the last 3 weeks it's been fine

Clio 1.2 16v
I have a similar issue with intermittent limp mode, knocking it off usually does the trick but it gives codes for a throttle pedal and lambda but I believe the throttle code can actually refer to a lot of things rather than the pedal or TB.

I should probably do the lambda as from cold sometimes it’s splutters now and then
Mine has done this a few times after damp weather, from what I've read on here it's more likely a connection or wiring issue rather than a component.

For the last 3 weeks it's been fine
You guys seem to have the exact same issue as me, mine too has intermittent limp mode and knocking off does sort it sometimes. Going to replace tb and coils to see if this solves it