ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK2 Gauge pod in clock housing how to inc. pics.

clio 1.5 DCI 80
hi all, i was looking for pictures of guage locations but couldnt find any so decieded to do one myself.....

i appologise for the s**te writeup as i am not that good at writing how-to's....

firstly i bought a spare clock and a couple of gauge pods.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I then cut all of the insides out of the clock surround and roughly fibreglassed the pods in position.

IMG_0291.jpg

upload photo

IMG_0292.jpg

image upload

IMG_0293.jpg

free image hosting

IMG_0294.jpg

upload images

once this has set. i sanded it to the rough shape and used filler to smooth out all of the creases and make it look "pretty!" lol.

when i did this i covered it in carbon vinyl and fitted the gauges.

IMG_0334.jpg

photo upload

IMG_0335.jpg

image upload

IMG_0336.jpg

photo upload

IMG_0343.jpg

free picture hosting

IMG_0338.jpg

free picture hosting

IMG_0339.jpg

img upload

next is to fit it but prob wont get chance to do this till next week but will post pics up when i have.

any thoughts?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I think the idea is good and the finish isn't that bad, but they're massively on the piss. Like proper wonky.

clio 1.5 DCI 80
might just be the way the photo has been taken, they are angled towards the driver but level height wise.

thanks for the input.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I am well aware of that I can read, but thank you for pointing it out. Again.

But the gauges are not level with eachother. In this image they are not at the same angle.....

IMG_0339.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Goldy, have you got any pictures of them fitted in the car? They may (and probably will) look a lot better in the car.

Sunflower Ph1 172
Goldy, have you got any pictures of them fitted in the car? They may (and probably will) look a lot better in the car.

Sorry, meant to say, when I had gauges in my old car they were flush on the dash which made them a bit awkward to look at when you were driving.

clio 1.5 DCI 80
not yet, but will have in the nxt week or so...

will post a couple of pics up when i have them in...