ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk2 Ph1 Lowering springs. East Mids Help?

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Looking at getting a set of 40mm Apex springs, just wondering on how much roughly it would be to fit, or most importantly if anyone local fancies doing it? Any help would be appreciated.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Had a chat with the guy who usually does all the work, he's said about 3 hours labour so £90. This seem fair?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
3 hours labour? What's he using? Wooden tools?

I'm no mechanic but can do a mk2 clio all around in just about 1.5 hours on my drive.

I'd be willing to bet a member on here would do it for £50 or so

AGH the sl*g
Yeah I was agreeing with the price rob the time estimate is as you say well out.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Haha not sure what tools he's using, I was shocked myself with the time estimate as it took about that on my old car which had a seized torsion bar. But £90 doesn't seem too bad, might be able to haggle him down a bit or preferably get a local member to help me out!

S4 Avant
3 hours is rediculous. Mk2s don't have torsion bar rear suspension either.

Ask Gray motorsports very nicely and he might help you out

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
i can do a full set of clio springs in about an hour,

and thats with no ramp, regular tools,
and im far from a trained mechanic!

do it yourself man, its a very simply job,
or pay a garage top for £50 to do just the front (and do the backs yourself)
or pay no more than 70 for the full job!

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
3 hours is rediculous. Mk2s don't have torsion bar rear suspension either.

Ask Gray motorsports very nicely and he might help you out

Yeah my old was was a Saxo :( ahh I'll send him a nice PM and see what he says. Cheers :)

a low one
you can do it yourself mate. its an easy job, requires few tools tbh.

but otherwise £90 sounds a fair price but it shouldnt take anywhere near 3hours...

Also 40mm drop isnt much on a ph1, id go for the 60mm apex IMO

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
tbh, if youre looking to go low, 60mm isnt really enough,
best bet is to get the budget coilovers off ebay,

theyre even easier to fit that springs and you can have it at any ride height you like!

90 for springs + 90 to fit
or 200ish for coilovers and if yourself!

BurrrgundyPh1 banger
been wondering about some springs myself recently, looked at those rokkor coilovers on ebay as they are dirt cheap, less than £200 (pikey specials) but im not sure about the fitment on Ph1s :S

Clio 1.4s Ph1!
I'll do them for £50.

Edit: Just a bit of background on this, I've done mine on my 1.4s, have you got the springs or not? and how low are they?
I'm in chesterfield too.